Anyone buying the New 2016-2018 TRD PRO Grilles selling for under $150

Discussion in '2016 + Toyota Tacoma' started by mrproduxn, Nov 11, 2017.

1. mrproduxn

mrproduxn Well-Known Member

Great reviews on other sites and forums for these new Chinese made Pro knockoff grilles. Originally were selling on Ebay for around $250. Now are being mass produced and people receiving them are very happy with the quality. I personally had no intentions of swapping my Sport grille. After watching the prices drop to $140 or less with so much positive feedback I am considering buying one just to try the look on my truck. Not usually one to support China but my superb quality Clazzio leather seat covers are Chinese made. I was wondering if people here have been buying these. Beats the heck out of paying $400 plus from Toyota which are probably made in Thailand anyway. With Christmas around the corner this is now on my wish list.
    https://www.ebay.com/sch/Exterior/3...=33637&rt=nc&_mPrRngCbx=1&_udlo=100&_udhi=200

Bogunn likes this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. jakedillon

jakedillon Member

It’s a better looking option than the chrome sport grille for sure. And also a better option than plasti dip said chrome grille

Boxerdad214 and Bogunn like this.
  4. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

I’m thinking the price is going down because you won’t be able to use them with the new TSS-P technology. Supply and demand.

kp.taco and Bogunn like this.
  5. Rocket tech

Rocket tech Well-Known Member

I did it to my 2016 TRD Sport. Looks great. Didn't like the chrome grill. But i did pay more than $150 when i bought mine last summer!

Boxerdad214 likes this.
  6. OP
    mrproduxn

I do like the chrome grille but for that price might try the look. Can always get $$ back on CL if I don't like it.

ifpenaflor likes this.
  7. OP
    mrproduxn

Bit the bullet. Worth a try for $140. Will try it for a week. If I don't like it will go on CL for $125 a week later.

greg8765 likes this.
  8. OR17TRD

Give it more than a week lol

9. Rocket tech

Rocket tech Well-Known Member

You have the same Tacoma as me, Blazin Blue accesscab. I've only seen about 3 Gen. 3 access cabs ever. The black grill looks great on mine.

Boxerdad214 likes this.
  10. Just ordered mine. $140 with free shipping is kind of a no brainer. I’ll let you know how it goes.

Bogunn and Boxerdad214 like this.
  11. greg8765

greg8765 Active Member

you should see the threads about these on tacoma world. people are going nuts over them.

Boxerdad214 likes this.
  12. OR17TRD

Did you get the one that already has the letters or the one without the lettering?

13. Lettering

OR17TRD likes this.
  14. OR17TRD

Looks like a lot of guys are getting the ones without the letters and having to purchase and install them. Drilling and glueing. Saves some money and looks good if done right.

15. mcklovin77

mcklovin77 Well-Known Member

20170923_095446.jpg

Now you've seen 4 Lol. You have to drive out to Idaho, Oregon and Washington to see the most access cabs ever. I've seen more toyotas in those states than all the other states combined. Lol. I had to buy one so it would fit in my garage.

Rocket tech likes this.
  16. OP
    mrproduxn

Real men drive access cabs.

17. OR17TRD

The double cab short bed is the same length as the access cab. Both 212.3” long

Rocket tech and Bogunn like this.
  18. OR17TRD

:oops: Oh to be a real man.

Rocket tech and Bogunn like this.
  19. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Too bad I’m not a real man.... I’ll have to go trade my DCLB in tomorrow to increase my testosterone levels.

20. mcklovin77

mcklovin77 Well-Known Member

Had to have a long bed to haul a 12 ft kayak. Short beds don't make sense to me Lol.

Bogunn likes this.
  21. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

I’ve had the short beds but regretted it every time I hauled anything. I wouldn’t have anything but a long bed myself.

mcklovin77 and OR17TRD like this.