Anyone else like the basics?

vtpilot1

Just traded my car for a a 2012 Tacoma. It's the regular cab, 2.7 5 speed. It's even got roll up windows and manual door locks...I LOVE it. Only upgrades: trailer hitch, cap, weather tech matts, vent visors, and in swapped in an intermittent wiper switch. It's everything I've always wanted in a Tacoma. I just don't need all the gadgets. Am I the only one?

I drove bare bones trucks for years.
I remember having intermittent windshield wipers on my first gen two and thought I was moving up in the world.
I have to admit though with my gen 3 2017 DCLB Sport that I love the technology: gps, keyless entry, and push button start to name a few. It's hard to believe it's a Tacoma.

2.7's are great trucks. Although I'd like the 4.0 for that extra power ha.

I've had 4 Tacoma's with the 2.7 liter. They definitely aren't power houses but they are a tried and true motor. I especially loved the 2.7 with a standard shift in the regular cab gen ones. That drive train has taken me lots of places in the mountains and never gave me a bit of trouble.

I'm too short to reach across to roll down the window if someone is on the passenger side. I upgraded from my old work truck that was manual everything and my new one...OMG...although a Ford, I love it. It's basic except power locks and windows.

I have a basic and it is great with me, tried to find a stick shift, but none close by, so decided to settle for an auto. Want to add cruise, but I like crank windows, no automatic locks, no smart key, and don't need an extended cab or double cab, because mostly I drive by myself. Like the short trucks, because I can reach in the back and get something, if I drive my full size truck, need a ladder to get up into the back.

Back