Anyone ever Book a Band

Have any of you ever booked a band to play, or know about it?
Ideally I would like to book someone like AC DC to play in my yard on Sept 19th.
Not a clue how to go about such a thing.
No clue but sounds like a blast! Are we invited? Haha!
Only band I've ever "booked" was a friends band for my wedding 9 yrs ago next month! [emoji33]

No clue but sounds like a blast! Are we invited? Haha!
Only band I've ever "booked" was a friends band for my wedding 9 yrs ago next month! [emoji33]

You are all welcome to come but i need to know before too long as it has to be scheduled with the caterer, the party rentals for tables and chairs and lots more.
No wedding gifts are allowed at all...if anyone wants to they may instead make a donation to COSAR an agency near and dear to my heart, and where I proudly volunteer.

http://www.cosar.ca

your town does look beautiful. some day i may visit it, and if so may swing by to say howdy :) as for finding a band, there are a number of tribute bands out there that you might be able to book for private parties. the only ac/dc related group that i know of is hells belles. some gal pals of mine watched them perform a couple years ago and said they were good. anyways, im sure you will get the best, whoever you find! [emoji869]

speaking of ac/dc, it reminded of one of our huge family camping trips. me and my sibling and cousins listened to a cassette on the drive up. picture a bunch of little girls in pig tails running around camp singing big balls. music is life, and passion and emotions, and definitely memories!

speaking of ac/dc, it reminded of one of our huge family camping trips. me and my sibling and cousins listened to a cassette on the drive up. picture a bunch of little girls in pig tails running around camp singing big balls. music is life, and passion and emotions, and definitely memories!

EPIC!!!

I have emailed a promoter about the possibility of booking BCDC which is a mock AC DC band. Brandy is a huge fan of AC DC, and we have danced and done other activities to their music many times. She really wants to dance down the isle ( lawn ) to You Shook Me All Night Long.
Trust me the lady can dance.
We are not doing some traditional, stuffy, bullshit wedding. My buddy who is a female is my best friend, she will be driving her Jetski, wearing only a bikini and snoopy tie, is going to be towing me as i ski in and hit the beach, hop out of my ski, she will spin it around and beach her jetski, I'll be in my swim trunks and wearing a snoopy tie. We will come to shore as some plays Who made Who, or if no band it will be cranking on my stereo i will move to the deck. Once we are in place, then plays You Shook Me, and Brandy is going to dance in along with her bridesmaids. My best Man is actually yes the woman, but my other groomsmen will be also riding in on their own personal watercraft ( not all are Kawasaki so not jetskis ) I am putting our rings on a skinny collar i have to still buy on Ruperts neck, and call him when we need the rings. Required dress is barefooted and swim wear or summer clothes. The pastor officiating is also a good friend of mine, and will be riding up on his own waverunner. I personally do not like weddings and the drama usually associated.
This is going to be the opposite.
There will be boats and personal watercraft, wakeboards and waterskis, pool and hot tub open, catering company is a very cool bunch who make amazing food, and its go eat whenever you want to, not a set dinner time. They fire up at 6pm and serve food till 9pm. Paper plates and plastic cups, 2 drinks of alcohol maximum per person. Porta potties and a 4 sink hand wash station set up on the far side lawn just like i do every Canada day for the bash i throw. Same caterers to actually except for this time i am paying for the whole dinner not a buy whatever you want to eat in cash only dinner. Burgers, steaks, hot dogs, 4 types of salad, potatoes, 3 types of cheese cake, 3 types of pie, and to start with if you want to some appies will be served from 5:30 to 6pm.

Ahhh beautifully said Tooter! :)

EPIC!!!
A man (and a Gal) with an amazing plan! So well organized, thought out with attention to every detail. It's truly a major event for all your guests to enjoy and an incredibly special, personalized, non-traditional, dream wedding for the Bride and Groom to cherish for ever. CONGRAT my friend!! :)

I have emailed a promoter about the possibility of booking BCDC which is a mock AC DC band. Brandy is a huge fan of AC DC, and we have danced and done other activities to their music many times. She really wants to dance down the isle ( lawn ) to You Shook Me All Night Long.
Trust me the lady can dance.
We are not doing some traditional, stuffy, bullshit wedding. My buddy who is a female is my best friend, she will be driving her Jetski, wearing only a bikini and snoopy tie, is going to be towing me as i ski in and hit the beach, hop out of my ski, she will spin it around and beach her jetski, I'll be in my swim trunks and wearing a snoopy tie. We will come to shore as some plays Who made Who, or if no band it will be cranking on my stereo i will move to the deck. Once we are in place, then plays You Shook Me, and Brandy is going to dance in along with her bridesmaids. My best Man is actually yes the woman, but my other groomsmen will be also riding in on their own personal watercraft ( not all are Kawasaki so not jetskis ) I am putting our rings on a skinny collar i have to still buy on Ruperts neck, and call him when we need the rings. Required dress is barefooted and swim wear or summer clothes. The pastor officiating is also a good friend of mine, and will be riding up on his own waverunner. I personally do not like weddings and the drama usually associated.
This is going to be the opposite.
There will be boats and personal watercraft, wakeboards and waterskis, pool and hot tub open, catering company is a very cool bunch who make amazing food, and its go eat whenever you want to, not a set dinner time. They fire up at 6pm and serve food till 9pm. Paper plates and plastic cups, 2 drinks of alcohol maximum per person. Porta potties and a 4 sink hand wash station set up on the far side lawn just like i do every Canada day for the bash i throw. Same caterers to actually except for this time i am paying for the whole dinner not a buy whatever you want to eat in cash only dinner. Burgers, steaks, hot dogs, 4 types of salad, potatoes, 3 types of cheese cake, 3 types of pie, and to start with if you want to some appies will be served from 5:30 to 6pm.

Wow,,when did you decide of marriage B.C.? I missed something
here...But Congratulations is in order here buddy.....‍❤️‍‍

February 29th when she asked me to marry her.
She then said okay so i asked you to marry me, you get me, so you make all the plans, I don't want to do anything but show up where and when you tell me to.
She said my only needs are simple.
1. Outdoors.
2. I am wearing a white bikini.
3. I am going to be dancing my way down to You shook Me All Night Long ( and I know why )
4. There better be food, and it must include cheese cakes, pies, and Greek salad.
5. My guest list is 58 people so make sure that you account for them.
6. A photographer is a good idea
7. Not too early in the day
8. Limit the alcohol because nobody needs to be drunk
9. No gifts period.
10. Keep the ceremony short and sweet but Christian.

Update.
Looked at hiring bands, tribute bands, almost did hire one.
But alas, no go.
Instead going with a great DJ who gets us, and she will be playing a lot of old rock, and a little bit of everything else.

Should be a good time for sure Scott!
B's best friend has threatened to tell on her at the wedding ;)
Leak to her parents and grandparents why the song You Shook Me All Night Long means so much to her...i rather hope she does to see B turn red lol

Whatever band you decide to hire, you get in touch with their manager which shouldn't be too hard to find but if you go with AC/DC it's going to be expensive and I hope I get an invite.:D

I looked into it, but it isn't happening sadly. Just getting a DJ service.
Almost hired a Vancouver based AC DC tribute band, but the Corona flu virus screwed that to. They also don't play very long, so I would have needed a DJ as well.

Back