Anyone have any RELIABLE news on the 2014 Tacoma?

Quarterhorsepower

I've been googling the 2014 and hear all sorts of conflicting things about body changes, and new more economical engines. When I ask the dealers, they all claim to know nothing and also claim they are always the last to know of any change until they arrive on the truck. (I really find that hard to swallow). No doubt because they all have several 13's they will need to sell before the 14's arrive in 3 or 4 months. Any input on this would greatly help in my decision to buy the 13 or wait for the 14 to come out. 24-26 mpg would be a great deal on a truck with the 21 highway rating. I'm just afraid if I do wait, it will ne the same as the 13 with a higher price tag.. Comments???:thumbsup::whistling2:

I heard same basic design, but new direct injection engine, which will help mpg. But as whipper said, all speculation.

A new body style would be nice, but honestly I'm kinda hoping it doesn't change. Reason is because if the new style is sexy, I'll have to trade up to it :D and that means mods start all over :(

It just seems there could be some major changes in the body very soon, as the 2005 looks quite a bit like the 2013 at a glance. The interiors are different but in general, they look quite a bit alike. A family down the road has 4 TRD's and they range from 2005 to 2012.. When i walk past, its hard to tell the difference. As for buying the 1st of a new idea, I tend to agree, which makes me back on track to going forward with the 2013..

I would hazard a guess that there won't be any major change until 2015 model.

Look at the 1st gen years '95~04 And then the 2nd gen '05~14? 3rd Gen '15~'24. Maybe.

I would hazard a guess that there won't be any major change until 2015 model.

Look at the 1st gen years '95~04 And then the 2nd gen '05~14? 3rd Gen '15~'24. Maybe.

Makes sense. I did see somewhere that body style won't get a remake until 2015. Unknown source though. I'm willing to bet the same. Im sure Toyota will want to keep their semi-redesign in 12's for at least 3 years meaning the 12, 13, and 14 model Years should be the same. Just like the major changes in 09' lasted 3 years from 9-11. Maybe see the new engine and a few other tiny upgrades for 14, but I think 15 will be the big one

The Ford and Chevy trucks aren't coming to the US though. The article about the Hilux even says it isn't US bound.

Last edited:
The Ford and Chevy trucks aren't coming to the US though. The article about the Hilux even says it isn't US bound.

Yes the Ford isn't US bound, yet, but the Colorado is coming to the US. Im not saying the Hilux is coming to the states, but I think the redesign might look something like the Hilux.

Yes the Ford isn't US bound, yet, but the Colorado is coming to the US. Im not saying the Hilux is coming to the states, but I think the redesign might look something like the Hilux.

I just read something on TW about GM replacing the Colorado and Canyon with something new. See it's all a game. I never believe those news articles about new models or updates until I can go to the dealership and buy it.

I don't think theyre gonna win a big share of the market though, they have a reputation in the full size market; it's gonna take years for them to build up momentum in the midsize

I just read something on TW about GM replacing the Colorado and Canyon with something new. See it's all a game. I never believe those news articles about new models or updates until I can go to the dealership and buy it.
:shifty::shifty::shifty::shifty:

Pretty much. The S10 was a pretty good truck but after that they really stopped caring about the small and mid size truck market after that. Colorado? WTF is that junk?

A friend's dad bought one. He hated it the next day after buying it but he had to keep it to avoid losing on it right away. I have been in them at the Auto Show and everything is just crap.

Back