ARB snorkel pro an con

What are the pros?

It looks like it would be a bitch to see to your right when pulling onto a highway from a stop street. The A pillars are too ****ing big on vehicles now as it is, cars and motorcycles get lost in them all the time. That thing makes the A pillar basically twice as big.

What are the pros?

It looks like it would be a bitch to see to your right when pulling onto a highway from a stop street. The A pillars are too ****ing big on vehicles now as it is, cars and motorcycles get lost in them all the time. That thing makes the A pillar basically twice as big.
That's why I can't drive my taco for crap. But I can drive the hell out of my work truck. Love those fender mirrors.

That's why I can't drive my taco for crap. But I can drive the hell out of my work truck. Love those fender mirrors.

The Columbias we had didn't have fender mirrors and they didn't have that better-than-nothing window in the passenger door. They only had that useless fisheye above the door that is supposed to show you what is buried down alongside you. Too bad I could never figure out what I'm seeing in it. 9 years with no fender mirrors, some dickhead in a cubical didn't believe in them.

Our new Cascadias have fender mirrors I guess we have a different dickhead in a cubical now. He's a dickhead too because we only have a total of 125 gallons of fuel tanks! When my boss asks me why I don't get a lot done, I tell her I have to spend half my time waiting in a fuel line at Ryder!

The Columbias we had didn't have fender mirrors and they didn't have that better-than-nothing window in the passenger door. They only had that useless fisheye above the door that is supposed to show you what is buried down alongside you. Too bad I could never figure out what I'm seeing in it. 9 years with no fender mirrors, some dickhead in a cubical didn't believe in them.

Our new Cascadias have fender mirrors I guess we have a different dickhead in a cubical now. He's a dickhead too because we only have a total of 125 gallons of fuel tanks! When my boss asks me why I don't get a lot done, I tell her I have to spend half my time waiting in a fuel line at Ryder!
Ouch. 125 gallons of fuel isn't a lot as you know. Especially when you get 6 miles to a gal. And that's on a good day. Better on fuel during the summer helps I guess.

Ouch. 125 gallons of fuel isn't a lot as you know. Especially when you get 6 miles to a gal. And that's on a good day. Better on fuel during the summer helps I guess.

Why is that? When the temps go into the 30's the mileage drops way off. I never paid much attention to it with the old trucks, but these have an onboard computer that calculates it and seems pretty accurate. I would think cold air would mean denser charge air and a more efficient engine.

Why is that? When the temps go into the 30's the mileage drops way off. I never paid much attention to it with the old trucks, but these have an onboard computer that calculates it and seems pretty accurate. I would think cold air would mean denser charge air and a more efficient engine.
There is nothing efficient with what we drive. You know that. I go from lets say normal day (winter) of 413 miles and 72 gal of fuel to 413 miles and 65 gal of fuel during the spring/summer.

Last edited:
Back