Are there pre '05 Tacomas in crew cab with manual trans?

Looking for a Tacoma with crew cab and manual transmission. Haven't seen any pre 2005's in this configuration.

So you're looking for a 1st gen dbl cab w/manual trans. prerunner or 4x ?

They're out there, just gotta stay on the look out & be ready to move on it when you find one you like, they don't last long/sell quick...

4wd - Yessir. I checked CarGurus and Autotrader nationwide and can't find any.
Maybe there are better places to look.

If Wikipedia is correct it looks like the double cab Gen 1 was only made in 2003 & 2004

4wd - Yessir. I checked CarGurus and Autotrader nationwide and can't find any.
Maybe there are better places to look.

If Wikipedia is correct it looks like the double cab Gen 1 was only made in 2003 & 2004

Well pretty sure wiki loses this one, first year of dbl cabs was 2001... (IIRC)

& car guru/automax/autotrader/carfax are good sources, don't discount craigslist either thats where I found mine...

Just remember to make a little check list to yourself as for things to look for...i.e; oil leaks (or any other fluid leakage) If you live in the rust belt def. check frame carefully for excessive rust &/or rot, & avoid them if found...

I second Craigslist. I’ve found a lot of old Toyota’s on there. I’ve also went to the dealers in my area told them what I wanted and let them find it. You’ll pay a little more but then you don’t have to search all over the planet trying to find that 2001-2004 double cab manual transmission in the color you want.

Last edited:
I second Craigslist. I’ve found a lot of old Toyota’s on there. I’ve also went to the dealers in my area told them what I wanted and let them find it. You’ll pay a little more but then you don’t have to search all over the planet trying to find that 2001-2004 double cab manual transmission in the color you want.

@OR17TRD - Thanks!! What's the best way to search Craigslist nationally?

Back