Audio Stuff

Tacoma fan

i would like to play my i pod in my truck ..but don't want to go down the route of swapping out the stock cd player in my '08 Tacoma...is there any other way of hooking my i pod up to the sysytem that i've already got installed :unsure:

Same problem with me I have a stock 07 but I don't want to use those devices that use a radio station because they cause too much static and are mostly bad quality items that stop working.

They are "ok" out in the country but every time I went to the big city I could never find an open frequency. They are marginal at best plus being a little pricy.

I could find a frequency but I hate dealing with static... I live in the city lol

USA Spec PA15-Toy. I found it cheapest on eBay.

DSC00485.jpg

This is the reason I traded in my 2008 for a 2011. I wanted a i pod hook up. I good never find a channel that worked.

And MGM. I used it as a work truck. It had a lot of miles looked rough inside and out. Had a better reason to get the 2013. Needed more space so I got the access cab. I do like the Bluetooth in my new truck. I use it with my phone everyday. It is very nice

Yeah the bluetooth/ipod hookup is killer. Music thru iphone sounds vetter with the cable than the BT, but i end up being lazy and just using BT anyway most of the time.

It connects to an unused CD changer port. It works on all stereos 05 to 11. It retains factory SAT radio. Another option is Grom Audio but I have heard of some issues with their unit.

Last edited:
It connects to an unused CD changer port. It works on all stereos 05 to 11. It retains factory SAT radio. Another option is Grom Audio but I have heard of some issues with their unit.

i understand the whole cd player is bolted to the dash by 4 bolts right??...:huh: so once these r removed just how easy is it to take it out...just don't want to break anything lol :laughing:

Taking out the stereo is super easy. Remove the A?C controls, take the 4 bolts out from behind and pull the stereo out. Make sure it all works before bolting everything back in.

If you decide to run the cord to the center console then it is a bit more involved but still easy.

just curious to knowthis..but what make is the stock cd player that Toyota put in the '08 Tacoma :huh: :whistling2:

I've read that some scion decks work in tacomas but could never find a definitive answer. Those have ipod and aux jacks im sure

just curious to knowthis..but what make is the stock cd player that Toyota put in the '08 Tacoma :huh: :whistling2:

I don't remember the brand.

I've read that some scion decks work in tacomas but could never find a definitive answer. Those have ipod and aux jacks im sure

They Scion units are PNP on the non JBL 05-11 trucks. Not sure about the 12s and not entirely sure about the 11s. You need a DD dash kit though.

Last edited:
Back