Automatic radiator on my standard

Timdiggittydog

Timdigittydog
Hi so I got a oil filter relocation kit and an automatic radiator for my 98 taco (wich has a 5vz-fe) im gonna route oil through the transmission cooler attached to the radiator and put the oil filter in a less messy spot I know people say the kit will lower oil pressure and so will the cooler so im gonna guinee pig myself for the good of all taco kind and got for broke and see what happens ill post pics/test results as the project moves along but it will be a bit of time since this is a project I am adding to a heads/gasket replacement im hoping it will help with the overheating I see when I run her through mud pushing the tachometer into the red for minutes at a time if anyone has ever attempted this please let me know how it went:thumbsup:

I would not do this. The fluid flow will expand which might cause a pressure drop. Also nothing short of a race engine will keep you from destroying your engine from the abuse you put it through. You don't need 6 million RPM to mud bog. You need wheel speed and to get it you need horsepower and torque.

Back