Back for another round

A Gordon Lightfoot classic! Love It!

When I lived on base, we had a dance, Gordon Lightfoot came and played live. My first real girlfriend came to the base that night, and we danced so much, yes to that song as well. She was younger than me, and I was only 19, and she was just 17, had a bright future ahead of her. When I went to Afghanistan she got running with the wrong crowd, ended up an addict, and destroyed her own life.

When I lived on base, we had a dance, Gordon Lightfoot came and played live. My first real girlfriend came to the base that night, and we danced so much, yes to that song as well. She was younger than me, and I was only 19, and she was just 17, had a bright future ahead of her. When I went to Afghanistan she got running with the wrong crowd, ended up an addict, and destroyed her own life.
I've seen it happen way too many times. So sad.

I can see why the song has played in your mind for so long. Hopefully the nice memory of the shared dances that night come to mind when you hear the song.

Back