Back in the (uncomfortable) saddle again.

BillK

About a month ago we had a severe storm pass through our community that dropped 3 trees on my garage (and my new Tacoma sitting in my driveway) and one behind the truck, blocking me in my driveway. Friends with chainsaws freed my truck and allowed me to pull my wife's Camry out of the garage, but my Tacoma did receive some damage. After 10 days in the body shop, we're back on the road. Made an 8 hour trip yesterday and realized how uncomfortable the stock buckets are.

I'll be making a long trip like that in two weeks going up to Buffalo. Too bad there aren't any aftermarket seats to put in. Or are there?

Actually, I did something yesterday that seems to help a bunch....lumbar pillow. Mines not really a pillow. Its a wire frame with a type of stretchy mesh that you place at the base of the setback. I had the same issue with a Honda Fit, so I tried the same fix on my Tacoma. Only been driving around town, so not sure how it will feel on a long trip, but I'm encouraged. Got mine at Walgreens.

Replacement seats are out of the question for me in a 2 month old truck. Besides that, lumbar supports are a whole lot cheaper. I wonder though, how do replacement seats work with airbag sensors and the like?

No issues with mine driving to Frisco. My seats have adjustable lumbar support though.

I have seen one guy change the seats and all he did wass bypass the airbag stuff.

My '13 AC is a base Pre-Runner and has no lumbar adjustment. When I adjust the setback for a comfortable upper body position, there is just no support for my lower back. I drove a Honda Fit for 4 years and had the same issue. Bought a lumbar "pillow" and had no more issues. Traded it off a year ago to get my wife a new car. Didn't think about my Tacoma seat until Thursday. Lumbar "pillow" is now in place.

Actually, I did something yesterday that seems to help a bunch....lumbar pillow. Mines not really a pillow. Its a wire frame with a type of stretchy mesh that you place at the base of the setback. I had the same issue with a Honda Fit, so I tried the same fix on my Tacoma. Only been driving around town, so not sure how it will feel on a long trip, but I'm encouraged. Got mine at Walgreens.

Before I got to the end of your comment I was thinking, I bet he got that lumbar support from Walgreens. Funny. I got mine there too

My '13 AC is a base Pre-Runner and has no lumbar adjustment. When I adjust the setback for a comfortable upper body position, there is just no support for my lower back. I drove a Honda Fit for 4 years and had the same issue. Bought a lumbar "pillow" and had no more issues. Traded it off a year ago to get my wife a new car. Didn't think about my Tacoma seat until Thursday. Lumbar "pillow" is now in place.

That's why you should have paid more for the TRD packages the seats alone are worth it to me at least.

That's why you should have paid more for the TRD packages the seats alone are worth it to me at least.

Yeah, I always have the problem of either spending too much or spending too little....tools, electronics...you name it. All in all, I really like my Tacoma. It's something I feel like I can live with for a long time.

Yeah, I always have the problem of either spending too much or spending too little....tools, electronics...you name it. All in all, I really like my Tacoma. It's something I feel like I can live with for a long time.

You could always swap in TRD seats

You're right. I could do that, but I probably won't. Several other things I'd rather spend money on...fog lights...nerf/step bars...bed cover...retirement...

You're right. I could do that, but I probably won't. Several other things I'd rather spend money on...fog lights...nerf/step bars...bed cover...retirement...

Well you spend most of the time on the interior so why not have a comfortable drivers seat

I don't know for sure but I would say that Corbeau probably has some for the application, and not bad on the price

I just have the base seats in my truck, but they are leather (owner before me got it done at the Toyota dealership) and I always thought they were pretty comfy. I even enjoy them more than my moms is250

It all depends on you but I would just swap in a TRD seat considering they are just bolt in and the corbeau would be a little more work.

Back