Bed Speakers

The_Dirty_Dixie

Did a little weekend project and thought I'd share! I dont know about you guys, but those little tool box's on the side of the bed became useless when the doors wouldn't stay on them. So I decided to make lemonade with lemons.

IMG_7340.jpg
The space was perfect for a speaker (or 2 if you want) on each side. I used a cutting board for the front "plate", cut the speaker size and got everything to fit perfect! Will soon fill space to reduce vibration.

IMG_7441.jpg
Ran the wires through a plug to the cab then ran it to an Amp under the passenger seat (my third amp in the truck...)

IMG_7442.jpg
IMG_7443.jpg

I then added a kill switch and Bluetooth receiver, so I can run these speakers separate and from my phone at an ease! Beach days and back yard beer drinking just got a lot better!

Did a little weekend project and thought I'd share! I dont know about you guys, but those little tool box's on the side of the bed became useless when the doors wouldn't stay on them. So I decided to make lemonade with lemons.

Theres a screw on the back of the latch

"Bojangles, post: 57175, member: 9264"]Theres a screw on the back of the latch[/QUOTE]

If you're talking about the latch for the original cover, the plastic part the hooked in got deformed. I'm sure it would have been an easy fix but I have a tool box in my bed so I didn't really need them ‍♂️[emoji16]

If you're talking about the latch for the original cover, the plastic part the hooked in got deformed. I'm sure it would have been an easy fix but I have a tool box in my bed so I didn't really need them ‍♂️[emoji16]
Jangley

Now silicone the pockets further towards the cab in place before they fly out too.

Like I said they are marine speakers, and the foam acts as a water plug and reduces vibration. I have washed it a couple times and drove through a storm since installation and have yet to have any problems!
Thats cool... but the bottom.... the bottom has drainage slots no?

Just thinking ahead about moisture and coppers.

Back