Bed storage compartment cover problems

MikeDrop

I have a 2010 Tacoma and I store my hitch in the storage compartment on the drivers side of the bed. The problem is that the cover pops off a lot while I am driving. The latches on the cover are good but I think the hole that they slide into to secure the cover are wore too big and the latch slips out. Anyone else have this problem and have solved it?

I have a 2010 Tacoma and I store my hitch in the storage compartment on the drivers side of the bed. The problem is that the cover pops off a lot while I am driving. The latches on the cover are good but I think the hole that they slide into to secure the cover are wore too big and the latch slips out. Anyone else have this problem and have solved it?
My 2015 4 door has storage behind the rear seats. Not sure what model you have.

I had the same issues as the op with my storage compartment in the bed of my 2020 sr5. I keep an extension cord in there, but it's actually too big that the cover doesn't stay locked, and pops open at times. I gave up on it keeping the heavy extension cord inside the access cab.

The storage areas are really pretty usless. Too small & not locking. The area between the wheel well and the tailgate is pretty much unusable. I installed a couple of Swing Cases. They are available for your year.
Swing Case

Back