Best Alarm?

Mine didn't come with any alarm. Its the entry level Reg Cab.. Then new models come
with the touch screen radio and side airbags that you can turn off.

Alpine, Clifford, Python and Viper are all good. They are all the same brand, Directed Electronics.

Last edited:
Get the Toyota Factory one,much cheaper and better ,I have it on both,my Rav4 and My 2013 Tacoma Pre Runner!!!No Problems ever!!!And better!

The factory alarm is junk. I don't even think it has starter kill. For the 500 Toyota wants to you can do much better with aftermarket.

You can also add an electric fuel cutoff valve, hidden deadman's switch and park in a fenced yard with a couple of very large aggressive dogs to slow down any thief. You could in a pinch put a claymore mine field around your truck if necessary. Just be careful where you step. Bear traps come to mind. Get stuck in one of those and I doubt they will want to steal your truck then. :thumbsup:

I run a viper alarm, I have for years, they are great. I'm MECP first class installer and like they way they work. A battery backup unit (viper 520) will monitor the vehicles voltage and set off the alarm instantly if the battery cables are cut. But if someone wants it bad enough they can circumvent any alarm. I run a GPS unit that gives me access to the viper app that can alert my cell phone if my alarm goes off. I can also start my truck from any location. It's a nice feature when you're out of the 1 mile range of the alarm fob. The GPS feature is a service that costs about 80 a year but for me it's well worth it.

Back