Best all terrain tires and their sizes

I would get on Tire Rack and read reviews. I'm dropping my Duratracs for BFGs next tire change. It sounds like you already want BFGs so go get a set. :thumbup:

Last edited:
I've always preferred BFG all terrain ko's but my '02 Tacoma had 31 10.50 Kelly Safari's when I bought it and man they just chew up rain, mud and snow! Really impressive tires.

Try Cooper Tires for replacements. I have replaced tires on my last 4 trucks with several sets of Coopers,

I second that! Coopers are one of the top rated next to the BFG's. You can't go wrong with with either tire.

I saw a post that said BFG is going to change the AT. Google it and it may come up. Not sure of the site that I saw it on. I have the cooper ATP from discount tire and I have been happy with them.

I've noticed that when I stray away from my norm I end up not liking what I get. BFG AT for me for the next set. Buh bye Duratracs.

Last edited:
I'm starting to look for some 35s. I want some aggressive tread but I need some cheap tires like <1000 I've been looking at the bfg ATs but it just seems like everyone has them and is like something different. Any suggestions? They are for 16" wheels as well.

ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1387512778.826212.jpgImageUploadedByTaco Forum1387512799.860076.jpg
I got these a couple months ago. 33 12.50 for 800 mounted and balanced. They ride awesome and go even better. Their surprisingly quiet on highway for a mt.

Has anyone bumped up their tire size without lifting the truck?

I have a '14 2wd Reg. cab.
I plan on getting a leveling kit, but like the low slung look anyhow.

Back