Best exhaust system

DayneR

What's the best exhaust for a Tacoma? Something that doesn't sound like a lowered honda haha. It's lifted so it's not like a lowered sporty looking truck or anything. And will after market increase MPG and horsepower?

The best depends on your taste. I like TRD because it gives a nice rumble without being too loud. Youtube haa plenty of exhaust vids.

As far as power and MPG goes...you won't notice anything.

The best depends on your taste. I like TRD because it gives a nice rumble without being too loud. Youtube haa plenty of exhaust vids.

As far as power and MPG goes...you won't notice anything.

Mpg not a big deal to me. But what about performance? I just installed a k&n intake and you were right it's a lot of higher end power. And it sounds good too! :) but I'm looking for more things to do.

That K&N is dyno proven to drop 5hp due to it not being a cold air. If you really want the best bang for your buck then buy a TRD blower. Anything else will get you little gains. You can change everything and almost spend blower money and not gain much.

That K&N is dyno proven to drop 5hp due to it not being a cold air. If you really want the best bang for your buck then buy a TRD blower. Anything else will get you little gains. You can change everything and almost spend blower money and not gain much.

Oh great. Lol so is that blower like a super charger then?

Ok right on thank you guys! I just priced the TRD superchargers. There a little over $4K :0 . It increases about 70HP and 70 lb-ft torque as well.

I got a hook up with my TRD. :) I just bought a mic with a 20ft lead so I should have some sound clips of my TRD soon. I'll have my GoPro recording the tach while the mic gets sound from outside.

I have a borla and I like the tone. It's not a catback (couldn't afford it) but it's a single muffler with a dual out. In the cab it's no louder than stock at idle, but at 2000rpms and higher it has a nice roar. The borla on a Tacoma is generally quiet compared to a flowmaster. Not a big fan of the cambered sound/design anyway. I also like magnaflows, very similar in design with the borla.

I just installed a 3" AFE cat back. So far i like it but i just installed it today. I'll have to let you know in a couple of days of my over all feelings.

Back