Best price or should I work em for more discount?

Discussion in '2016 + Toyota Tacoma' started by chillg8r, Jul 24, 2018.

1. chillg8r

chillg8r Active Member

I’m trying to help my son buy his first nice vehicle. He’s in lust for a TRD Sport with manual Tranny in quicksand. The best price I’ve gotten so far is a Costco deal:

Sticker- $35989
    Sell- $33172
    OTD- $34988 (mostly tax and the $650 doc fee)

I tried searching for a prices paid thread with no luck and because I’m not normally looking for a truck. I don’t know if this is a good enough deal or not.

Thanks.

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Depends on the cab, the features and the package upgrades. Tech package, premium package, tow package, DCSB DCLB, extra cab...

Bogunn likes this.
  4. OP
    chillg8r

chillg8r Active Member

It’s as basic as you can get a TRD sport for, hence the sticker price of $$35,989. I imagine that makes the margins a bit skinnier for the dealer. It is the Double cab w/5’ bed and do not believe it has any other extra accessories or packages other than carpet mats for $309.

5. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

That’s not a bad price for a DCSB TRD. I’d try to get GAP thrown in maybe.

upstruckz likes this.
  6. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

FIFY
    Sorry. I couldn’t help it when I first read this post these are the words that stuck out......

7. OP
    chillg8r

chillg8r Active Member

Lil G and Bogunn like this.
  8. OP
    chillg8r

chillg8r Active Member

How much does that usually cost?

9. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

It varies where you get it from. Usually $500-1000. A dealer will offer it from a company that they’ll get a kickback from but you can usually get it from your finance company also.
    A lot of times I’ve been able to get it thrown in with negotiations.
    I always get it though because if tragedy strikes and you total the vehicle you’re left footing the bill for the rest of the loan over depreciation value.

chillg8r likes this.
  10. OR17TRD

Depends on the insurance company and if the accident is your fault. I’ve never bought it and feel like it’s a waste of money for myself but... how much do you trust your son to not wheel it or wreck it. Haha

Bogunn likes this.
  11. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

I’ve actually had to use it once. On a Silverado. Best thing I ever purchased.

OR17TRD likes this.
  12. OR17TRD

I thought the remote start was... :D

Bogunn likes this.
  13. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

If you buy a GM you better get GAP.

Crawdad and OR17TRD like this.
  14. OR17TRD

I never have. I’ve always bought toyota, Honda and Subaru. A Chevy and a Ford once. Yeah your upside down $10,000 as soon as you drive it off the lot haha GAP can help with that.

Bogunn likes this.
  15. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

The depreciation on domestic vehicles is insane.

OR17TRD likes this.
  16. OR17TRD

When they do 18% off MSRP and $9000 cash back a few times a year it doesn’t help the resale. Haha

kp.taco and Bogunn like this.
  17. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Lol. True.

OR17TRD likes this.
  18. Lil G

Lil G Well-Known Member

That sounds about right. Interest rates is about the only DEAL you get on Toyota. Looks like 2.9 interest rate on 18 models 60 months. Not to bad there. I saw sticker on 2 wheel dB sr5 was 31k.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
  19. tacorigo

tacorigo Member

I bought a 2018 trd offroad 2 months ago with a msrp of 40k and I was able to get it at 5k under msrp. The trick is to make the dealers compete. Get the current deal you have and send it to all the Toyota dealers in a 150 mile radius. I live in Miami and no dealers here in Miami were able to even come close to this deal. I called a dealer in fort-Myers fl and they did give me the price I wanted. One of the dealers in Miami that I was negotiating with called me to ask if I was still going to buy the truck from them and when I told them the price that I was getting it for at fort-Myers he flat out told me that I was going to waste my time because that had to be a lie. I told him that I was going to fort-Myers anyways and 2 hours later his manager called me and told me that she was going to match the price! IMG_2283.jpg IMG_2285.jpg IMG_2280.jpg

20. tacorigo

tacorigo Member

Do not go to the dealer until they send you a quote on paper! They will always tell you that they can beat it just to get you to go into the dealer and try to wear you out and hope that you’ll take their deal.

OR17TRD likes this.
  21. OP
    chillg8r

chillg8r Active Member

The challenge here is that we are locked into a very specific and limited availability model. If we were open to several colors and AT it would be easier to draw blood.

tacorigo and OR17TRD like this.