Best riding 4" suspention lift - not worried about cost...

Discussion in '2016 + Toyota Tacoma' started by JUDE LAGRANGE, May 12, 2018.

1. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

And 20” wheels?

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OP
    JUDE LAGRANGE

JUDE LAGRANGE Member

Lol, yeah I do like the larger wheel look. But I draw the line at 20”.

4. lcarrasco212

lcarrasco212 Well-Known Member

King is king of shocks... 20x12, 33’s and 80lbs? That’s going to be a horrible ride no matter the shock used

Bogunn likes this.
  5. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Yep. But if the 20” wheels are spinners it’ll make it all worth it.

tomarx2taco and JUDE LAGRANGE like this.
  6. lcarrasco212

Lol. At least they’re american force; heck of a wheel. I’ve been through that phase. I love the looks on a setup like that. I really love the looks actually. But the ride quality suffers big time. Steering is different and cant do much off road or you’ll knick those pretty expensive wheels with a lo pro tire. That’s been my experience anyway. If those downfalls don’t matter, you’ll have badass looking tacoma lol. I’d do 20x10 on a tacoma though. 20x12 may be overkill. That’s just me

JUDE LAGRANGE and Bogunn like this.
  7. OR17TRD

20” wheels look ok on a full size truck lifted with 35” tires minimum. 18” is the biggest I’d go on a Tacoma. 16” is ideal if you plan on off-roading and required to air down. 12” wide wheels with 11.2” wide tires. The tires stay on the rim how? o_O

Bogunn and lcarrasco212 like this.
  8. OP
    JUDE LAGRANGE

JUDE LAGRANGE Member

I had a 6” Fabtech lift and ran some 20”x12” wheels with Iroks and other than the wheel bearings going out ever 6 months it was a fun truck.

I don’t do any kind of rock climbing and never let the air out of my tires intentionally to go do anything. I spend a lot of time in my vehicles for work and want to have something fun. My riding is mostly mud and dusty gravel that turns into mush when it rains.

9. OR17TRD

If your wheels are wider than your tires and they get stuck in the mud the bead can break easy and the wheel can spin inside the tire and you’ll go no where. Something to think about.

Bogunn likes this.
  10. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

True that ^^^^^

OR17TRD likes this.
  11. OP
    JUDE LAGRANGE

JUDE LAGRANGE Member

12. bumpedmyhead

bumpedmyhead Well-Known Member

So what was the full set up? Looks baddass

13. OP
    JUDE LAGRANGE

JUDE LAGRANGE Member

So I ended up going with a kit put together from Headstrong Off-Road. Their was a lot of back and forth discussions about what items would best suit me for my end goals. Very knowledgeable people and great to deal with. It took me a while to get everything together and have it put on between me working out the country but I managed to have it all on the day before I left out again.
    • Front - ICON 2.5 coil over / extended travel (Progressive Valve) reservoir shocks (higher spring load rating front)+Stage 2 secondary adjustable damping shock / Rear ICON 2.0 VS reservoir shocks
    • Icon hydraulic bump stock, skid plates
    • ARB Dakar OME Full leaf pack replacement / U-bolts, D-shaft spacer, shackle kit, bushing kit
    • Total Chaos – Heim Joint Pivot UCA’s / P# 96504-H
    Wheels/Tires:
    • 20 x 10” -25mm offset, American Force / Special Forces Sires - RUCKUS SF8
    • 33” x 11.50 R20LT / Nitto Ridge Grappler
    Truck rides great and I can't say I notice any power loss from the tires. I did have to do some trimming to allow for the wheels to clear but the installer did a real clean job and it's not noticeable. I also put in a pull-glide retractable bed slide and a Low-Pro color match aluminum bed cover. I wanted to turn the entire bed into a toolbox.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    lcarrasco212 and OR17TRD like this.
  14. OR17TRD

• 20 x 12” American Force / Special Forces Sires - RUCKUS SF8
    • 33” x 11.50 R20LT / Nitto Ridge Grappler
    Your rim is wider than your tire?

15. OP
    JUDE LAGRANGE

JUDE LAGRANGE Member

Sorry about that, no I ended up going with a 10" wide -25mm offset wheel

16. OR17TRD

I was going to say :eek:

Bogunn and JUDE LAGRANGE like this.
  17. lcarrasco212

18. OP
    JUDE LAGRANGE

JUDE LAGRANGE Member

Sorry man I already left out the country for work. The only pictures I took were the one's I posted above and unfortunately truck was dirty and it was getting dark. When I get back in I'll clean it up and take some detailed pictures. I'm also got a set of the 3" OD textured black nerf step tubes from N-Fab coming. I'm also not a fan of the rear (completely plastic) chrome looking bumper. So I have a feeling that will go as well.

lcarrasco212 and OR17TRD like this.
  19. bumpedmyhead

bumpedmyhead Well-Known Member

Thanks for the shopping list! Looks sic