Best tire size

Discussion in 'General Tacoma Discussion' started by Kris, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Kris

Kris New Member

hey guys this is my first post.

I just bought a new 2017 Tacoma TRD Off road. I also bought some 17” rims. My question is what is the best tire size for a 17” rim? I drive a lot so don’t need any big off road tires etc.

Wheel dimensions-
    Width 7.0
    Diameter 17”

Thanks

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Crawdad

Crawdad Well-Known Member

Are you stock height with no intent to lift? 265/65- 17 is the stock size. You can go to 265/70-17 with no issues with some decent all terrain options.

4. OP
    Kris

Kris New Member

Yes all stock. The 265/70 r17 is what I’m going with. Thanks

Crawdad likes this.
  5. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Congrats on the 2017 Taco. Welcome to the forum. If you drive a lot and don’t go off road and aren’t planning on lifting it I would stick with the 265/65/17 you will get the best fuel economy with the stock size. You will take a 1-3mpg hit on the 265/70/17. They are an inch taller.