Best way to remove unwanted dealership sticker?

Labwagn

Guys, aside from the obvious- just taking my time and proceeding carefully, does anyone know of a tried and true way to remove a dealership decal without harming the paint? Is there a special solvent or compound I can purchase and apply beforehand that will facilitate removing the sticker, but not the clear coat paint?IMG_1576509177.538564.jpg

Don't you hate these decals... free advertising for the dealership and they just look ****ty. Always remove mine too. a little heat... peel slowly... clean up any glue residue with rubbing alcohol, goo be gone - only the mild gel version or even straight gasoline on a rag and then cleaned with window cleaner or soapy water. Never had a paint problem with this approach.

I always remove those on day one or even before leaving the dealership.
With that said it sometimes interesting to see those dealer stickers on other cars to imagine places they've been.
Yesterday I saw a dirty and beat up Crown Vic with a dealer sticker from some place in Alaska!
It had Georgia tags so my imagination thought up a romantic story about the car, the Alaskan wilderness, bears, moose and snow everywhere and how it got down south.
For all I know, it could have belonged to a serial killer though! (hope not) :eek:

Use a flat knife to remove the bulk of the sticker. do not cut the paint! Then use a rubber power grinding wheel or drill and Remove the adhesive. After that buff the area I use McGuires from Walmart does the trick!

You can use the Purell alcohol hand sanitizer on tree sap drops . Just put a blob on the spot let it sit a minute to soften it and lightly rub it and the sap dissolves then hit it with some wax .you can do the same to remove the decal residue after u use hair drier to get sticker off.

Best way I found is peeling them and using lacquer thinner to get off the gummy then waxing

Best way I found is peeling them and using lacquer thinner to get off the gummy then waxing

Lacquer thinner? Again, possible clear coat issues. There’s lots of non-destructive glue removers. Goo-Gone for one. And you’ll not have to wax.

Back