Best Wheel Tire Combo for Mudding

DW.Davis

Need to get input from you all about the best 32 or 33 inch mud tire wheel combos that require the least amount of rub point removal

2004 silver doublecab 4/4 all stock. want 32 or 33 inch mud tires and need input on how high i have to go and offset spacing etc.

the 18 inch BBS wheels with the michelin tires on it sit about 31 inchs from ground to top now, isuppose i could just get mud tires that fit these wheels with another 1.5 inch of rubber and they probably wouldnt even rub as thers at least 2 inchs clearance on the michelins that are installed now. with no lift. unless theres some kind of factory lift installed when you order/ buy the truck with the 18 inch premium BBS wheels.

I do intend to get at least a 2.5 inch or three inch lift as soon as theres enough scratch in my play money jar. 1000.00 a month alimony for the next 23 months is gonna slow my project down a wee bit.

in south florida rocks are hard to find. hard bottom sandy mud easy to find. deep water also easy to find and hard to predict when trail riding. so beware the innocent looking mudhole it could be 5 feet deep and swallow your entire taco up to the door handles.

I'd love to see some before and after shots as you do it. You could start a thread in the Member Builds section and take a before photo to show the progress.

Anyways, it's hard to beat BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO for mudding. I'm not sure on the clearance though. That may be a problem but if you are planning on getting a lift at some point anyways you may just want to wait. How long of a wait are you talking about? Months or years? If it's months I'd hold off and buy the best tire for the lift.

in south florida rocks are hard to find. hard bottom sandy mud easy to find. deep water also easy to find and hard to predict when trail riding. so beware the innocent looking mudhole it could be 5 feet deep and swallow your entire taco up to the door handles.

Why not make an intro post and maybe throw up a picture or two. I've love to see your truck.

Back