Beware where you buy parts!!!!

Thewarriordinghy

So, i bought royal purple oil in south georgia from walmart, and a k&n filter at their advance auto parts... Well when i got home to change it today... It all immediately leaked out everywhere when i changed it!!! The oil filter was not good!!! I changed it again, and same result. Took the filter to my home advance auto parts, and they gave me a new one and refunded and gave me my oil free (3rd round free since it all leaked out 5mins earlier). Went with haveline synthetic... The bad oil filter would NOT tighten enough.... Even my dad tightened it and when it leaked he took me to the store. The new one was perfect.ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1400898217.528585.jpgImageUploadedByTaco Forum1400898228.577047.jpgImageUploadedByTaco Forum1400898248.016690.jpgImageUploadedByTaco Forum1400898258.445347.jpgImageUploadedByTaco Forum1400898270.300341.jpgImageUploadedByTaco Forum1400898280.415227.jpgImageUploadedByTaco Forum1400898291.435113.jpgImageUploadedByTaco Forum1400898300.864145.jpg

So you had a defective part and they refunded you? I don't get this thread. :blink:

Yes, but i had to spend $50 to fix it all. I bought the part at a different place than normal, and it was crap. The point is to warm people to be careful where they buy their parts.

A few questions. Will the old oil that spilled leak everywhere for awhile? I turn my a/c on and it will intially smell like oil. I checked my oil and its full, which is why i think maybe the old oil is leaking?

That one bad filter could have been bought anywhere. I bought plenty of filters at Walmart with no issues.

You should clean your engine.

I used a degreaser and cleaned it, but i found a spot i cant rly get to with it, its like beneath my engine. And what about the a/c thing? Do i need a new air filter?

So you had a defective part and they refunded you? I don't get this thread. :blink:

Perhaps, after a person's experience with a brand is 100% fail (plus damage to the vehicle) compared to 0% success, then possibly they are disenchanted with the brand? I don't know. Just guessing.

Perhaps, the $5 refund, or whatever it is, didn't heal the pain?

I would personally include oil filters among the things that should have extreme quality control. I hope to never see a bad one in my life.

Back