Bilistein 5100 lift

Rear?? Don't know what do you suggest..
I would get Dakars if you can afford them you can take the 3rd leaf out of the pack and it will sit about 2" over stock. That will give a slight rear rack with your 5100's set at 1.75". If you decide to set them at 2.5" you can put the removed leaf back to level it out again. You can also always put it back in later if you get a heavier rear bumper or a cap and need it. Otherwise there are AAL for the rear to bring it level. Toytec or Icon make 1.5-2" AAL that should work for the 1.75" setting.

Another question just to further my education. What makes the adjustable 5100's superior over another descent shock with spacers?

First thing is for you to separate shocks from spacers, a spacer is nothing more than a block or wedge, that increases height & can really mess with the geometry of IFS for alignment purposes, now the "shock" you'll want with that much $$ to work with is the 5100 & if so mechanically inclined you could rebuild your stock leaf pack or at least get a 2-leaf AAL to help out the rearend, this can be done for under $500 (you can lift 2nd gens. up to 2" in rear without changing shocks IIRC)

has anybody here used the OME coilovers with the adjustable 5100's ? i've read somewhere theyr'e not a great combo? true or bs?
amazon has a good deal on, well here it is:

• ARB 2884 OME coil spring
  • KYB SM5640 - mount kit
  • Bilstein 5100's
cost totaling $537 about. and if you qualify for the amazon credit card they give you a $70 credit.

Back