Bilstein 5100 Question

PTR91Ron

Don't know if this has been asked, but I have a stock '13 4x4 Tacoma TRD. I just bought some Bilstein 5100's. I want to raise the front a bit. I don't know if I should adjust for 1.75 or 2.00. What say you?

Attachments

• tacoma2.jpg
    tacoma2.jpg
    963.1 KB · Views: 39
Don't know if this has been asked, but I have a stock '13 4x4 Tacoma TRD. I just bought some Bilstein 5100's. I want to raise the front a bit. I don't know if I should adjust for 1.75 or 2.00. What say you?
Measure from the middle of your center cap to the bottom edge of your wheel well(fender). Front and back. That will give you a rough guess on what to set them at. I'd go 2 but that's me. Cuz 2" in your normal leveling kit.

Are you adding any weight to the front? What are you doing to the rear? Many people on here talk about leveling kits. Blah Blah Blah if you lift the front level with the rear and put just 200 lbs in the rear of the bed. The rear end sits lower and over steer will get worse the more weight you add. Do most of you guys buy these truck to drive to work keep clean a shiny and never really use it as a truck? HaHa YES is the case for most!

BTW most pick up truck come with a higher rear so when you tow a trailer , add a cap , or just haul **** around it then sits almost level ! Love what do , do what you love! HaHa enjoy!

Are you adding any weight to the front? What are you doing to the rear? Many people on here talk about leveling kits. Blah Blah Blah if you lift the front level with the rear and put just 200 lbs in the rear of the bed. The rear end sits lower and over steer will get worse the more weight you add. Do most of you guys buy these truck to drive to work keep clean a shiny and never really use it as a truck? HaHa YES is the case for most!
Not me. Lol

Thinking of bagging the rear so I can adjust as necessary. Anyone know if air bags in the rear will affect going off road? Rear articulation?

Back