Bilstein 5100s and allpro offroad UCAs

dskinne

I was thinking about switching my 2.5" spacers with Bilstein 5100s and I was hoping the allpro offroad UCAs would make the ride a little smoother but I want somebody else's opinion.

The switch to 5100s is definitely a good idea. The all pros would help but unless you are doing some serious wheeling arnt really necessary. If you want to stay cheap another option is the light racing upper arms. They still use ball joints, but bigger and better ones plus they are set up for slight lift. It's really up to you, all pros would be nice :)

I'm not sure how much better they would make the ride tho, 5100s already ride pretty stiff at full length. I know that if you want a smoother ride you can get some extended springs so you don't have to set the 5100s at full length to get 2.5in lift.

if you're going for a smoother ride, the control arms won't help unless you're getting vibrations

otherwise, like stated above, the 5100's set at 2.5 might ride a little rough, as will lifting coils (compared to stock)

kinda depends on your personal taste- otherwise, for a little more coin coilovers are the best bang for the buck

FWIW, I'm running fox coilovers and all pro arms with my setup

Well will the allpro offroad UCAs do me any good cause I to get new UCAs cause mine are worn and making a popping noise when I hit bumps because they are at a slight angle due to the spacers. If not I can just get stock UCAs and save some money.

The all pros are not really necessary. You could get stock ones, I would look into the light racing ones I mentioned tho.

I'm not sure how much better they would make the ride tho, 5100s already ride pretty stiff at full length. I know that if you want a smoother ride you can get some extended springs so you don't have to set the 5100s at full length to get 2.5in lift.

if you're going for a smoother ride, the control arms won't help unless you're getting vibrations

otherwise, like stated above, the 5100's set at 2.5 might ride a little rough, as will lifting coils (compared to stock)

kinda depends on your personal taste- otherwise, for a little more coin coilovers are the best bang for the buck

FWIW, I'm running fox coilovers and all pro arms with my setup

What these guys are talking about is preload when raising the adjustment clip on the 5100's, the higher the clip, the more "pre load" or compression the stock coils are under, this can give a harsher ride. I'd def get away from spacers ..

Yeah, and when you get the raised coils, like the eibachs that are 1.6in if I spelled that right, you don't have to set the 5100s at the highest preload, giving you a better ride.

Hey I have a 2010 Trd double cab v-6 I'm looking to do a 3 inch lift and I've already decided on the leaf pack from old am emu for the rears with 5100 shocks now I'm asking for people's opinions on the front what kit is good quality with a affordable price I don't want to cut or weld anything and I'm staying away from a diff drop I've heard to many horror stories your opinions would help me out greatly thanks

Some good coil overs (king or fox) and some uni ball uppers. Either the all pros, icons or camburgs ect, there are tons of options

Hey I have a 2010 Trd double cab v-6 I'm looking to do a 3 inch lift and I've already decided on the leaf pack from old am emu for the rears with 5100 shocks now I'm asking for people's opinions on the front what kit is good quality with a affordable price I don't want to cut or weld anything and I'm staying away from a diff drop I've heard to many horror stories your opinions would help me out greatly thanks

I'm not sure how they're getting 3" of lift in front on 2nd gens other than going to a aftermarket adjustable coil over, with 2nd gen 5100's I think the most they get is 2.5"-2.75"..

You wont have to weld or cut anything for this other than the usual trimming of plastic for tire clearance

If you had 1st gen you could get the Eibach/Toytec 3" coils for the front set the 5100's at bottom (stock) & you'd have it..

I'm not sure how they're getting 3" of lift in front on 2nd gens other than going to a aftermarket adjustable coil over, with 2nd gen 5100's I think the most they get is 2.5"-2.75"..

You wont have to weld or cut anything for this other than the usual trimming of plastic for tire clearance

If you had 1st gen you could get the Eibach/Toytec 3" coils for the front set the 5100's at bottom (stock) & you'd have it..

mainly depends on the coils they have on the shock

Back