Bilstein 5160 rear shocks.

Demo Man

I have a 2012 Tacoma Baja edition. For about a week I've noticed a thump overtime i hit a bump. Already had the pass side replaced before the warranty was up. Now the drivers side is bad. These shocks seems to rust real quick which i can't seem to understand. I have never had any problems with Bilstein on any of my previous trucks. Should i gamble and get another? Fox seems to be the way to go. Any suggestions would help.

I have a 2012 Tacoma Baja edition. For about a week I've noticed a thump overtime i hit a bump. Already had the pass side replaced before the warranty was up. Now the drivers side is bad. These shocks seems to rust real quick which i can't seem to understand. I have never had any problems with Bilstein on any of my previous trucks. Should i gamble and get another? Fox seems to be the way to go. Any suggestions would help.
Couldve been road salt snow and beach weater and sand? Bilstein are usualy best!

Couldve been road salt snow and beach weater and sand? Bilstein are usualy best!

The odd thing is when the dealership replaced the passenger side TRD told them to ship it back to them so they could look at it. I mean a year old and it already has to be replaced. Sucks but oh well. That's why I'm going to order that undercoat you suggested.

Back