Black rims

I'm looking for a set of those black rims myself. Anyone in Ohio, Indiana, or Kentucky want to swap?

They look pretty damn good on a white rig.

Thanks! But I'd did t care for the color (white) matched fender flares. Prefer the Off Road models look with the Black flares and front valance.

So I dipped them Black. Maybe I'll paint them permanently in the future, but for now I'm much happier with the new look. Plus in minutes if I ever decided I could peel off the dip and go back to OEM.

IMG_4285.JPG

IMG_4286.JPG

IMG_4288.JPG

IMG_4480.JPG

IMG_4330.JPG

What tire size ? I ordered the wheels but now that im searching tire sizes the 265/65R17 needs minimum wheel width of 7.5 inches. If i do a 265/70R17 its an inch more diameter so will throw off speedometer.

Going on 2016 trd off road
265/70R17 seems to be the winner. Found another post with pics and specs. Will be putting BFGoodrich K02's on. May be 2017 before it's completed due to holidays.

Last edited:
That's the tires I got. Much quieter than I thought. Anyway, I went with the Blackwalls, No White Lettering on either side.

Seems like most just get the white letters and flip'm around.

IMG_4045.JPG

Im not a fan of RWL. My tire shop carries RWL in stock but think ill have the Blackwalls custom ordered. Black lugs too. Not a good pic but heres my taco20161217_075332.jpg

Thanks! But I'd did t care for the color (white) matched fender flares. Prefer the Off Road models look with the Black flares and front valance.

So I dipped them Black. Maybe I'll paint them permanently in the future, but for now I'm much happier with the new look. Plus in minutes if I ever decided I could peel off the dip and go back to OEM.

View attachment 10588

View attachment 10589

View attachment 10590

View attachment 10591

View attachment 10592

Totally new, first post. New 2018 sport in cement. What do u mean when you say that u dipped your fender flares? Dipping? Was going to switch out for aftermarket black fender flares but I like your idea better. even thought about a can of bed liner or a wrap?

Totally new, first post. New 2018 sport in cement. What do u mean when you say that u dipped your fender flares? Dipping? Was going to switch out for aftermarket black fender flares but I like your idea better. even thought about a can of bed liner or a wrap?
938C5763-3507-4B82-A5B2-75DCCA5C0901.jpeg

Congrats on the new sport.
Welcome to the forum. Let’s see some pictures.

What, you don't believe me. Four days old and I love it! I was torn between the off-road and sport and it came down to really liking the hood scoop. From there I figure I could alter or add the things I liked about the off-road. Gotta black out the fender flares and get mud flaps first. Then black out the Tacoma and V6. Also liked that it had 17" rims. After that, I'm sure I'll come up with other stuff to do.
Dipping sounds complicated, what are the advantages? I was just thinking of scuffing (or not) and painting with bed liner or good flat black paint.??20180305_105845.jpg

What, you don't believe me. Four days old and I love it! I was torn between the off-road and sport and it came down to really liking the hood scoop. From there I figure I could alter or add the things I liked about the off-road. Gotta black out the fender flares and get mud flaps first. Then black out the Tacoma and V6. Also liked that it had 17" rims. After that, I'm sure I'll come up with other stuff to do.
Dipping sounds complicated, what are the advantages? I was just thinking of scuffing (or not) and painting with bed liner or good flat black paint.??View attachment 15812
That’s what he meant by dipping. Plasti dip. Plastiderp.
The picture I posted was a joke. That’s the formula for the roger rabbit dip. I was just at Disneyland and took that picture. “The dip”
The hood scoop is not functional and you will never be able to add what the off-road has if you got the automatic transmission. You should have got the off-road if you wanted the off-road and added a non-functional hood scoop.

That’s what he meant by dipping. Plasti dip. Plastiderp.
The picture I posted was a joke. That’s the formula for the roger rabbit dip. I was just at Disneyland and took that picture. “The dip”
The hood scoop is not functional and you will never be able to add what the off-road has if you got the automatic transmission. You should have got the off-road if you wanted the off-road and added a non-functional hood scoop.

Why are you hating on the hood scoop?!? Lol

Dipping sounds complicated, what are the advantages? I was just thinking of scuffing (or not) and painting with bed liner or good flat black paint.??View attachment 15812

Welcome to the forum.

Back