Blower fan doesn’t kick on

Boss_Taco77

So since last year I’ve been having a problem where my blower fan for my ac and heater doesn’t kick on when I start the truck and it’s already on a fan speed. It doesn’t work on any speed and tends to do it more now that it’s getting cold. The weird thing is if I give the bottom of the fan a good tap it’s start right up. I don’t know if that would be the harness that plugs into the fan. It seems to work fine when it’s running at all speeds. Just haven’t read to much of anybody having this problem. Let me know your thoughts.

So since last year I’ve been having a problem where my blower fan for my ac and heater doesn’t kick on when I start the truck and it’s already on a fan speed. It doesn’t work on any speed and tends to do it more now that it’s getting cold. The weird thing is if I give the bottom of the fan a good tap it’s start right up. I don’t know if that would be the harness that plugs into the fan. It seems to work fine when it’s running at all speeds. Just haven’t read to much of anybody having this problem. Let me know your thoughts.
How many miles are on it?

Either a short in the wiring somewhere or
It’s gunked up around where it spins and needs a cleaning.
Do you live where it’s dusty or have a dog that rides with you?

If it’s fine when it’s running and starts when you tap it then I’d say it’s probably a loose connection. Should be pretty easy to take apart and check.

Either a short in the wiring somewhere or
It’s gunked up around where it spins and needs a cleaning.
Do you live where it’s dusty or have a dog that rides with you?

Super dusty I have to clean it every season so I’m used to that but I’ll have to hunt down the wire that’s giving me the problem hopefully it’s right at the harness somewhere

Back