Blower motor squeak.

kp.taco

Any 2nd gen owners have this blower motor from rockauto? Mine squeaks like hell and is driving me bat sh*t.. I got one from salvage yard from a 2011 (mines 2009) it lasted about 2 weeks and it squeaks worse than the original now lol
851411ead326f6b0f4ecf74cd43ddca0.jpg

Must be a second gen issue. I had a 2009 that squeaked all the time. It drove me crazy but it operated fine.

Just in case someone gets the idea to swap a 3rd gen blower motor into a 2nd gen. It doesn't work, the plug is the same but the bolt holes don't quite line up.. Just FYI.

Assuming you tried this?
Use the left over goop from where you put your new emblem on! It’ll stay.

Assuming you tried this?
Use the left over goop from where you put your new emblem on! It’ll stay.
Yep. A buddy of mine at a salvage yard gave me one for free. (He was riding with me and said wtf is that squeaking noise) lol.. And nah on the goop. Lmao. [emoji16]

Yep. A buddy of mine at a salvage yard gave me one for free. (He was riding with me and said wtf is that squeaking noise) lol.. And nah on the goop. Lmao. [emoji16]

Yeah. I was joking about the goop... but you could always try it. Lol.

Wasnt aware of that. Pretty cool, and recalls are recalls right?
Tsb is limited, but are recalls?

Not sure, I see whip posted a link about said issue so it may be a TSB. Even then some guys have luck in independant cases/complaints, worth a shot
I guess...

Just in case someone gets the idea to swap a 3rd gen blower motor into a 2nd gen. It doesn't work, the plug is the same but the bolt holes don't quite line up.. Just FYI.

See, it's great info like this that only makes this forums knowledge base broader
& more complete, props to you dude...;)

Back