Bone head question...

longshore

First Taco. 2013 DCSB. Assume I know nothing about lifts and you will be close enough. I did learn here, in fact, that any more than a three inch lift was too much angle for the control arms. Unless you change them. I'm not going to build a trail rig, rather a retirement truck that will see as much of this country as I can drive it to. A three inch lift I think would give me a little more clearance without being too much. Are there two inch kits out there? Does a lift put more wear on front end parts in general? Told you I know squat on this...

3 inch is the limit on the suspension design because you are eating downtravel as you lift because lifts put the suspension lower in it's travel range. So lets say stock is 4 inches downtravel and 4 inches uptravel. If you lift 2 inches you are left with 2 downtravel and 6 uptravel. I don't know the exact numbers of travel but that's just an explanation of what's going on when you lift. Aftermarket upper control arms will help get you back within alignment specs at 3 inches.

I suggest 5100s which can be adjusted from 0 to about 2.75 inches of lift depending on where the you set the bottom coil mount. Another option is OME which will lift

Lifts can wear suspension components a bit quicker but it isn't anything that's going to make your vehicle unreliable. You may never have to replace anything sooner than you would with OEM parts.

Last edited:
Mine came with the off road package bilistein? shocks. Are there other types that are adjustable?

Thanks Whip! I will put after market springs under the bed at some point also. The adjustable shocks will allow me to get the right level. Think I'll get the springs sooner than later.

The rear shocks...think the stock rear would work well with 5100's in the front? The new springs I figure won't lift me any higher than 2 inches. More than I thought.

Last edited:
360.00 for all four 5100s on Amazon. Thought I could go cheaper and get two front when I do the rear.

Back