BP Fab Recovery

B-Man

Have a question regarding this front recovery bracket from BPF. When installing this on the front of my 17 TRDOR it uses M12X1.25X40mm bolts........

Question 1.........do you use loctite on the bolts?

Question 2.........Is there a torque spec on the bolts or just get 'em tight?

Question 3.........are washers/lock washers needed?

https://www.bpfabricating.com/products/tacoma-recovery-tow-hook

Thanks!

1. If you do use blue
2. If they don’t specify, I’d tighten ‘em up.
3. No but you can if you want to.

They say to use a Grade 8 bolt or stronger. Any advice on going higher or should Grade 8 be enough?

Glad I read this. I thought grade 8 was the best a strongest bolt there was. Great research

Have a question regarding this front recovery bracket from BPF. When installing this on the front of my 17 TRDOR it uses M12X1.25X40mm bolts........

Question 1.........do you use loctite on the bolts?

Question 2.........Is there a torque spec on the bolts or just get 'em tight?

Question 3.........are washers/lock washers needed?

https://www.bpfabricating.com/products/tacoma-recovery-tow-hook

Thanks!

You can use loctite and/or lock washers. The worst it’ll do is make it stronger.

I'm heading into town this mornin and will stop at Big G, Menards and Fastenal and see what they have for bolts.

I ran into town......Big G didn't have the correct size......Menards just kinda looked at me like WTF are you talking about.......Fastenal was closed.......called a friend at NAPA and he had 'em. M12X1.25X40mm. Got the bolts, lock washers and flat washers. He shoulda been my 1st call.

I ran into town......Big G didn't have the correct size......Menards just kinda looked at me like WTF are you talking about.......Fastenal was closed.......called a friend at NAPA and he had 'em. M12X1.25X40mm. Got the bolts, lock washers and flat washers. He shoulda been my 1st call.

Good to go. Post some pics when you’re done.

Just ordered from BP Fabricating. It came up $91 with $9 s/h. Found a discount coupon for 15% off using the code "BFPSPRING". Total came out to $86.35.

Back