Brake upgrades

6 piston, i cant remember.

Rearr disc, yes......and so far ive seen multiple people say is increased their stopping DISTANCE. Iirc some do away with ur parking brake to, which im sure the stransmission must love.

Have u tried doing stainless steel braided lines, abs killswitch, and a better stock size brake kit?

I have all those above, and used to run brembo blanks and hawk pads till i faded them. For the past 4yrs or so ive used EBC stage 5 kit.

Truck hasnt faded yet, and i drive pretty hard. Not track hard, but more aggr3ssive than a typical daily driver.

The abs killswitch also makes stopping in mud, dirt, sand, gravel, or onroad with dirty streets MUCH safer. The abs on this truck is waaay too invasive at times. Course if you need to turn while doing an emergency stop, and u cannot instinctively pull ur foot off the brake pedal long enough to TURN, then u better not use abs kill on the road at all.

Out of 5 vehicles this was my 1st equipped with ABS, so i usually feel safer with it off, as it drastically increases ur stopping distance even in a straight line. This is TERRIBLE imho, and i want to be in more control of stopping.

Abs stops the truck when it wants to.... if u have 100ft to stop, and it feels any slippage, its gunna stop maybe at 150ft. Offroad this is dangerous cause the abs will prevent the tires from locking up and digging into the soil and just buzz, rattle, and shoot u right off the ledge...... even at VERY slow speeds.

Ive had the abs go apecrap just exiting a freeway.... dry surface, banked correctly, but the tires on the inboard side chipped for a second over the slightly raised painted arrows on the road.
ABS kicked in and the pedal dropped almost to the floor. Overshot my mark.

ABS off, tires do not slide out from under truck, they dont catch fire, the truck doesnt turn into a magic pumpkin like the ABS must have assumed it would. I just come to a controlled stop, with firm pedal feel and make my mark.

Back