Break line explosion

The_Dirty_Dixie

IMG_7661.jpgIMG_7663.jpg

Started loosing pressure in my breaks yesterday, looked under and saw the Niagara Falls of break fluid coming out. The line may be cracked or a sealant busted, anyone else have this happen to them? It's on the front passenger side.

Man, you definitely worded that right with explosion. I’d bet on the line giving out but it’s hard to tell from the pic alone. Just go to the highest, wettest point and look for the leak. Hope you get it fixed quick.

Man, you definitely worded that right with explosion. I’d bet on the line giving out but it’s hard to tell from the pic alone. Just go to the highest, wettest point and look for the leak. Hope you get it fixed quick.

No kidding!! That second pic with the pen pointing to the connection is where it is spewing out of. When I turned the truck on and applied the brakes the guys watching said it was spraying out like crazy

No kidding!! That second pic with the pen pointing to the connection is where it is spewing out of. When I turned the truck on and applied the brakes the guys watching said it was spraying out like crazy

At least you have the leak tracked down to the source. Easy part over. Fun part is replacing it and bleeding the lines.

Not off hand but you can look it up on any auto parts website pretty easy.

There are only 3 places in Texas that carry the break line in stock. Auto part stores might have the same size and thread but would require a tube bender which I do not have, so looks like the Taco is down for a little :(

Man i rlly mean no disrespect, but this image creeped me the **** out.

img_7661-jpg.13208

View attachment 13208View attachment 13209

Started loosing pressure in my breaks yesterday, looked under and saw the Niagara Falls of break fluid coming out. The line may be cracked or a sealant busted, anyone else have this happen to them? It's on the front passenger side.

Dude, don't let your truck take **** from somebody trying to sneak under your tires, put it in reverse , use him for a chock block......haha That sucks, you sure it's the line & not a hairline crack in caliper where it threads in ?

(if you found cause , disregard) OH & make sure you rinse the hell out of areas where fluid is (looks like everywhere) very corrosive

Dude, don't let your truck take **** from somebody trying to sneak under your tires, put it in reverse , use him for a chock block......haha That sucks, you sure it's the line & not a hairline crack in caliper where it threads in ?

(if you found cause , disregard) OH & make sure you rinse the hell out of areas where fluid is (looks like everywhere) very corrosive

^^^^^^^^
Good advice.

Back