Bug out truck

swelch669

When money frees up a bit I'm wanting to turn my dcsb sport into my bug out vehicle. Currently has some mall crawler generic 3" level but wanting something I can go just about anywhere with. But also be able to run down the interstate at 80. Also looking at a topper with racks. Any other ideas? Gonna need to haul 3-400 lbs worth of gear and ammo. Any suggestion on rear suspension so I dont notice a big sag... this will also be a hunting rig so id like to storm across fields without getting too bad of whiplash.
Is all this too much to ask for? Or can it be done? I've spent hours of online time researching and I have some ideas.... just wanting some other insight on a direction to head...

When money frees up a bit I'm wanting to turn my dcsb sport into my bug out vehicle. Currently has some mall crawler generic 3" level but wanting something I can go just about anywhere with. But also be able to run down the interstate at 80. Also looking at a topper with racks. Any other ideas? Gonna need to haul 3-400 lbs worth of gear and ammo. Any suggestion on rear suspension so I dont notice a big sag... this will also be a hunting rig so id like to storm across fields without getting too bad of whiplash.
Is all this too much to ask for? Or can it be done? I've spent hours of online time researching and I have some ideas.... just wanting some other insight on a direction to head...

I'm not sure at all. But I like the way every single word of that sounds!

The "topper with racks" sounds totally like something that I would like!

What is a "Bug out vehicle"?

I'm not sure at all. But I like the way every single word of that sounds!

The "topper with racks" sounds totally like something that I would like!

What is a "Bug out vehicle"?

It's basically a vehicle with a lot of modifications/ enhancements that has some gear just incase something goes wrong such as a mega earthquake or fire you have something with stuff to go to a safer location. I know this because I watch the show "Doomsday Preppers"

Thought about bullet proofing it too but that's a little extreme. I dont want to get shot at. Lol maybe just put a .50 cal on a turret on the roof. Have the wife up there slinging lead. Lol. Lets pray the world never gets that bad...

Lol. Im not worried about zombies, whipper... I'd just rather not get caught with my pants down if something ever does go wrong, not really in the area of earthquakes or hurricanes but major tornadoes and floods could happen... maybe I should just build a boat with wings? Lol

And about the long travel... would it be semi-functional running down the highway? Could I keep the ifs or do I need to sas? I've definitely thought about goin all out but I also want to drive it sometimes. And performance wise... is 4k on a supercharger even worth it? I've heard max gains around 60hp? I could swap an lsx engine for that.

Long travel is almost bolt in on the front while SAS requires a lot of fab work. Many people daily drive LT. If SFA is something you want I would get a Jeep or a full size truck with SFA.

The blower is the best bang for your buck as far as performance goes. Swapping in an LS is cool but you would have to also get a trans that works and figure out the 4wd system. If your state checks emissions then you might be screwed.

usually LT guys run tundra CV's since they're longer and cheaper

you can LT a 4x4, prerunners are just more popular to LT because since they don't have front diffs they get more travel up front

Back