Build checklist: feedback?

conflictingintentions

2017 trd off-road

Intentions: all terrain vehicle that I can also daily.

Lift:
1.75 - 2.5” lift. 5100 with an add a leaf

Or get crazy and do a stage 3 icon

Or something in between. Looking for a smooth ride with improved handling

Tires:
Duratrac: 285 70 17 or as big as will fit with minor cutting

Wheels:
Icon rebound 17 satin black
Or
Vision 938 Manx
Or procomp 31

Cdi t3 front bumper
Cdi sliders with kick outs
Cdi rear high clearance bumper

The truck will not be a show pony, but it’s also not a hardcore crawler or super swamper.

Thoughts?

Reactions: 4wd
I was looking at kinda piecing together something like the Icon stage 3 then I did the math and my wallet cringed! Can’t wait to see how it turns out for you.

2017 trd off-road

Intentions: all terrain vehicle that I can also daily.

Lift:

Or get crazy and do a stage 3 icon

Or something in between. Looking for a smooth ride with improved handling

Tires:
Duratrac: 285 70 17 or as big as will fit with minor cutting

Wheels:
Icon rebound 17 satin black
Or
Vision 938 Manx
Or procomp 31

Cdi t3 front bumper
Cdi sliders with kick outs
Cdi rear high clearance bumper

The truck will not be a show pony, but it’s also not a hardcore crawler or super swamper.

Thoughts?

Sounds pretty good & sounds like you off road... So, highlighted above on tire selection, there's nothing wrong with the brand or the size(pretty common), but it's the size of tire that's going to force you to trim more than you thought & you will have to chop the cab mounts (if the 2017 models still have this POS slab of metal ) that sticks out waiting for the tire to make contact. (if you off road it will rub like a bitch when doing so in a turn (left,right no difference)

Lift:

Hell, keep your main spring , dump the rest & back up the main with some old Chevy or Ford truck springs, it'll run with AllPro's, Deavers, National spring, etc;...

DSC005741.JPG

Use a progressive add a leaf.
Use lift coils like ome or eibach.
Or "get crazy" and contact downsouth motorsports and tell em what ur wanting in usage and give them a budget to work with. Its what they do.

I am probably going for icon stage 3 billet uca. My rationale, pay once and dont have to worry later[emoji23]at least that what i keep telling myself

Icons, not kings
Icons are digressive while kings are progressive, icons from research should drive better offraod and relatively good on the road, compared to the kings and fox.

Icons, not kings
Icons are digressive while kings are progressive, icons from research should drive better offraod and relatively good on the road, compared to the kings and fox.
So you spend more of your time off road than on.

Back