Cab rattle noise

I'm assuming you own a 2nd gen, you just gotta live with it, unless someone else here has any ideas. I just ignore it personally.

Either way gen1 or gen2 with out more detail or information like it sounds like it's coming from??? the rattle is probably something that "is what it is" being a 14-22 year old yota you'll have to live with it. Maybe duct tape everything. ;)

My 2nd gen taco rattles a lot as well, the truck has so many pro's for me to complain about that con haha. But yeah it would be annoying for some. Maybe tighten anything that's loose in the cab or he just said duck tape?

Thanks...just bought my 2002 Tacoma double cab prerunner and really love it..new to this site and want to say THANKS to all for responding there's got to b a way to get rid of this rattle someone must have succeededi hope

Thanks...just bought my 2002 Tacoma double cab prerunner and really love it..new to this site and want to say THANKS to all for responding there's got to b a way to get rid of this rattle someone must have succeededi hope
Where does it sound like it's coming from?

Well it sounds like its behind the radio/vent area doesn't look like much room but I'm going to try and stick my hand up there and see if i can find something..thanks

I was having that issue with my 96. And it ended up being the body mount bolts. The cab was moving enough to slightly knock against an engine component. One of the bolts had worked it's way out and the bushings were deteriorated. I got under her and rattled all the cab mount bolts out. I suggest an air impact, a breaker bar and cheater, and a couple cans of penetrating lubricant. I used a hole saw and made rubber bushings outta an old tire and mounted those between the existing and new cab bushing and the frame. You'd have to get some longer mounting bolts but it worked for me.

Last edited:
Thanks to you all for taking the time to help me with this dashboard rattle I'm under theregoing to get my h

My gen 1 did the same thing and it turned out to be a hole rusted in the muffler body. Pulled it and replaced with performance motorcycle muffler. Got rid of the rattle and now my 4 banger sounds like a v6

My 03 did the same thing. It sounded like my whole dashboard was going to rattle off over every bump. I ended up putting a little shim between the front of the dash and the windshield and it solved it completely. You don't even notice it's there unless you look for it. If this is it just make sure it fits really snug so that it eliminates the rattle completely. I put one right in the center of the dash but two or three could solve it too

Back