Cabin air filter.

ST3VE

Authorized User
So ummm. I have never changed the cabin air filter. Truck has 128,000 miles on it. How bad is this. Or does it even matter?

Ill have to take some pictures when the new ones get in. Didn't really think it was that bad. haha. I can't wait to see the filter now.

I changed mine out on Monday at 49k, looked like a rat built a nest in there and had 3 litters. :blink: My fan blows great now! :thumbup:

I'm OCD...

I change the breather & cabin air filters at every oil change which is never more the a 5,000 mile / 3 month interval. The breather filter is pretty clean but, my cabin air filter is not always clean. I NEVER use the recirculate function as I don't want to defeat the drying ability of the blow throw ventilation

I usually leave the fan power on 1. And just adjust the temperature. In the summer I barley use the ac.

Yup 1 or 2 most of the time adjusting the temp as needed but, NEVER off unless I'm shuting the truck off...of course being OCD, this keeps air moving and the blow through ventilation plan going. :)

I'm still on the original...cleaned it a few times over the years though. To keep the critters and stuff out i installed mesh over the opening (under the windshield cowling) and put a thin layer of furnace filter material over it...

picture.php

I'm still on the original...cleaned it a few times over the years though. To keep the critters and stuff out i installed mesh over the opening (under the windshield cowling) and put a thin layer of furnace filter material over it...

picture.php

That's not a bad idea, since a cabin filter runs about $20 a pop. Need to take a trip to the hardware store and get me some screen and then get one of these filters. Cut the filter to size, discard the frame and never have to buy another $20 in cab filter. Just wash the other one out every so often. What I don't use, I can when it wears out. I use one for my furnace as it is. Haven't bought a furnace filter in years. Just spray it out with water going opposite of airflow. Great Idea OffroadToy!

http://www.appliancezone.com/ShowProduct.aspx?ID=71232

I'm OCD...

I change the breather & cabin air filters at every oil change which is never more the a 5,000 mile / 3 month interval. The breather filter is pretty clean but, my cabin air filter is not always clean. I NEVER use the recirculate function as I don't want to defeat the drying ability of the blow throw ventilation

What is a breather filter :confused: and where is it?

That's not a bad idea, since a cabin filter runs about $20 a pop. Need to take a trip to the hardware store and get me some screen and then get one of these filters. Cut the filter to size, discard the frame and never have to buy another $20 in cab filter. Just wash the other one out every so often. What I don't use, I can when it wears out. I use one for my furnace as it is. Haven't bought a furnace filter in years. Just spray it out with water going opposite of airflow. Great Idea OffroadToy!

http://www.appliancezone.com/ShowProduct.aspx?ID=71232

You can OEM quality cabin filters on eBay for about $5-7 each. Maybe less if you get the standard ones and not the carbonized filters.

This should help make the cabin filter last much longer. Got enough to make 4 more of these. Plus you can wash them. Cost $4.00 at Ace hardware for a section 15 x 24 . It's Plastic Back Foam for window A/C units. Just cut to size.

Attachments

• S1050371.jpg
    S1050371.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 48
Back