Cabin air filter.

Apologize if this has been covered but I use this one as I didn't read all the postings:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000VKTUJQ/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1"]TYC 800038P Toyota/Pontiac Replacement Cabin Air Filter : Amazon.com : Automotive[/ame]

Cheap and it is very similar to the OEM one. If I can keep the mice from doing this:

picture.php

they it should last quite awhile with occasional cleanings.

I too have neglected my cabin filter. I'm at 108k mi and I've owned the truck since it had 48K. Never changed it out. After reading this thread...will probably do it today!

Thanks for the great tips on filtering the in-duct too.:thumbsup:

Can some one explain to me exactly where the filter is, I've had the truck about a year and never changed it and before my truck went in for repairs I noticed the ac was cold but wasn't blowing much air out so I guess that's the problem, ill change it as soon as I get it back! Truck is at 70k miles

Yea I took my truck to a jiffy Lube in Georgia and the guy tells me that it's
Time to change the filter I asked him how much only $79.99 I about fell out laughing in his face so I went home and changed it filter 11.56 time it took 2 minutes not overpaying some jack leg priceless!!! Lol

Once a year ok? or do it all depend on the dirty conditions one wheels in

Make it simple. Change the cabin filter on the same interval as the intake air filter.

When dirty, change it. Inspect the intake air filter at each oil change. Takes grand total of 2 minutes to inspect.

Back