Camping thread... let's see your set up

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by tmreyes1, Apr 4, 2013.

1. tmreyes1

tmreyes1 Well-Known Member

Do you use your tacoma to go camping. Let's see your set up. Do you rough it or take all the comforts of home

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OP
    tmreyes1

RTT set up

Attached Files:

4. DarkShark

DarkShark Just Another Yota

When I get my RTT from the TW group buy and use it I will post a pic for ya lol.....man I cant wait!

5. OP
    tmreyes1

You are gonna love it.

6. YotaKid

YotaKid Teen Taco Driver

Gonna be building a custom tent rack out of a construction rack i had laying around. Then ill be able to fit a 8x8 tent and still have full bed space underneath with an awning on the side. First i just need funds to buy tube and plywood...im pretty excited to get started to say the least!

7. OP
    tmreyes1

Cool. Can't wait to see it

8. DEZERTDUCK

DEZERTDUCK Owner Engage Off Road

thats a pretty cool set up....just recently sold my RV, so im on the hunt for something new...but not sure yet what i want.....but yes once you have an rv you get spoiled and dont want to tent anymore....id prefer sleeping in the truck bed when the weather is nice

9. Nathan

Nathan Administrator Staff Member

10. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

All I have is a ground tent so I'm pretty jealous of these setups.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2013
  11. DEZERTDUCK

DEZERTDUCK Owner Engage Off Road

Double Cab Long Bed...now thats a rare breed...atleast in so-cal it is

Last edited: Apr 16, 2013
  12. tostidos

tostidos Well-Known Member

No more sleeping in the bed of my truck for me. can anyone suggest a good 3 person tent that collapses into a small manageable size?

13. Nathan

Nathan Administrator Staff Member

Well, it depends on how you define "3 person". Tents always way over estimate how many people can fit.

I have a Marmont Limelight 3 that I got for about $140 at REI. It's a 3 man but fits 2 comfortably.

[​IMG]

It's extremely easy to set up and very nice all around.
    REI tents are nice too.

14. byrd

byrd Moderator Moderator

I concur, I have a 3 man tent that serves me well, but do like the set-up for the bed of the Taco. Debating on one of these or just get a collapsible shell and a my airbed should fit in the back. I guess I should pull it out and check. For now the tent will do.

15. tostidos

tostidos Well-Known Member

more for me and the Girlfriend, and just in case if we have the dog with us (90 lb German Shepherd)

That does look like a pretty nice tent Nathan

16. byrd

byrd Moderator Moderator

Nathan's tent is similar to mine in design. Very comfortable for 2 people and gear. The dog might make it a little cramped. I have 2, 70 lbs Black Labs don't see having both in the tent with me. Maybe one. And if that German Shepard is anything like my Labs when they want out when your sleeping they will claw their way out. :whistling2:

17. Johnnie

Johnnie Well-Known Member

This is how Mohawk Mike sets up his tent...in the 50mph wind.
    [​IMG]

By the morning the tent was done.
    [​IMG]

My big tent
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Little tent that I use most
    [​IMG]

My pop-up camper that I use when I can get to camp by highway.
    [​IMG]

Camping at the beach
    [​IMG]

Anza Borrego-Fish Creek
    [​IMG]

18. TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Active Member

I just have a 80 to 10 man(at least thats what it says) ground tint, works nice, have had 2 army cots and 2 air beds and 6 people in it comfortably. if you had just sleeping pads you could probably get 8 comfortably with a little big of gear in side. also it has like a little porch thing. it’s nice you can step out side and put shoes on and not get feet dirty or take shoes off. i don’t have any pic of it.

19. YotaKid

YotaKid Teen Taco Driver

I'm gonna be building off of this to eventually fit an 8x8' RTT. This way I'll be able to stow mountain bikes and gear underneath still and my toolbox can still stay in along with my roof lights! It will have an awning that folds out on the driver side to double the size of the platform on top and will be covered with 1/2 plywood. Whether or not I need treated wood I'm not sure of yet. I'm probably going to use 1" .083 wall square tubing for the addition.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

20. OP
    tmreyes1

Sounds like you have a good plan

21. P-Trac

P-Trac AKA Gregero

And by that morning, Mohawk Mike was never seen again. Blown away in the wind is what they say...