Can you diagnose?

jprins23

09 Tacoma 4.0L 4wd. Slow speed just above creeping. Wheel turned and sometimes straight. Non rotational irregular tapping underneath drivers side floor. It is not constant. Sounds like ball joint but doesn't happen on bumps. Noticed problem after using 4wd in the snow recently. Recent work: new torque converter and rear axle bearing. Also note: extremely cold weather lately, like most of America.

09 Tacoma 4.0L 4wd. Slow speed just above creeping. Wheel turned and sometimes straight. Non rotational irregular tapping underneath drivers side floor. It is not constant. Sounds like ball joint but doesn't happen on bumps. Noticed problem after using 4wd in the snow recently. Recent work: new torque converter and rear axle bearing. Also note: extremely cold weather lately, like most of America.
How thick was the snow? Where you doing some plowing?

How thick was the snow? Where you doing some plowing?

No plowing. Snow was about 8 inches. It makes a clicking sound when I shake the wheel at a stop. I think it may be my powersteering. Feels like someone is underneath hitting the floor with a hammer

No plowing. Snow was about 8 inches. It makes a clicking sound when I shake the wheel at a stop. I think it may be my powersteering. Feels like someone is underneath hitting the floor with a hammer
Check the fluid? Can you get a video of the noise?

Did you ever figure out the issue? I'm having a strange sound just like you're describing in my 2013 2wd pre runner.

Back