Capped Bed Heater??

LOKi

Not long now until my truck is in. I'll be adding a cap and was wondering about heating a capped bed.

Use:
I'll be taking the truck up snowboarding with a full cab of people. That means gear will have to ride in the bed. Even capped that could mean some pretty cold boots and such by the time we got to the mountain.

One option would be a simple oil heater. Something along these lines....

grays-oil-filled-radiant-heaters-hd904-a7q-64_1000.jpg

Just remove the wheels and mount it near the front of the bed. Or get supper fancy and put in a deck with a cutout dead center for one of these bad boys to stick up through. Thoughts?

Any other ideas?

If you have done something like this do you have pictures of your setup?

Thanks

Id grab some of them hand warming packs or whatever they are called and throw them in the gear a lil bit before dressing out.

****, if ur stationary for a few minutes and have some mre heaters, them suckers work great. Id only use em in the boots tho. Threw 1 in each cargo pocket yrs ago after we ate, then went trudging through the snow and a creek waist deep. I was toasty as hell... a lil more buoyant than usual tho, and made the creek crossing fun.

Not long now until my truck is in. I'll be adding a cap and was wondering about heating a capped bed.

Use:
I'll be taking the truck up snowboarding with a full cab of people. That means gear will have to ride in the bed. Even capped that could mean some pretty cold boots and such by the time we got to the mountain.

One option would be a simple oil heater. Something along these lines....

grays-oil-filled-radiant-heaters-hd904-a7q-64_1000.jpg

Just remove the wheels and mount it near the front of the bed. Or get supper fancy and put in a deck with a cutout dead center for one of these bad boys to stick up through. Thoughts?

Any other ideas?

If you have done something like this do you have pictures of your setup?

Thanks
You only have 400watts, I have 2 of those heaters, and low is 500watts. Find a small heater rated at 400watts or less, and it should work.

So something a little smaller...Heats 40 square feet area.3.3 Amps, 400W.

whites-newair-oil-filled-radiant-heaters-ah-400-64_1000.jpg

Less surface area so this would work best if I could position it in the middle of the bed.

So something a little smaller...Heats 40 square feet area.3.3 Amps, 400W.

whites-newair-oil-filled-radiant-heaters-ah-400-64_1000.jpg

Less surface area so this would work best if I could position it in the middle of the bed.
toyota bed divider will give u something to secure this to and allow u to move it to the desired location.
a cheap ratcheting bed bar MIGHT work too, but I dunno how secure it will be. The toyota bed divider is VERY sturdy

Not sure about your rig, but there are caps with cab slider windows so that cab heat will partially warm the bed.

Looking for an A/C for a tractor trailer I know is not the same topic here. By any chance someone have ideas on brands or type.THX in advance...

Well a cab full of Young fit& tight or a cab full of sausage ? I typically have a 30 below bag, and a scotch ...

Back