Car starter options?

Ashton391

Hey guys, winter time is here and I'm looking to get a remote starter for my 2015 v6 auto, Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas on the best option?
Thanks.

Hey guys, winter time is here and I'm looking to get a remote starter for my 2015 v6 auto, Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas on the best option?
Thanks.
You can get the factory remote start from the dealership or go with Viper.

I would go with factory after markets work but toyota will def find it being the culpret if something happens to cause an issue. I went in for a remote start on my 2016 and was advised they don't have any yet. So talked about getting one on my 2015 the cost was higher by 185.00 to do it there at stealership but the if anything goes wrong they fix it for free besides would rather have it all on 1 remote than to carry 2 remotes myself

I would go with factory after markets work but toyota will def find it being the culpret if something happens to cause an issue. I went in for a remote start on my 2016 and was advised they don't have any yet. So talked about getting one on my 2015 the cost was higher by 185.00 to do it there at stealership but the if anything goes wrong they fix it for free besides would rather have it all on 1 remote than to carry 2 remotes myself

With automate they install a new "brain" in the truck... Which allows everything to work off one remote

Factory has terrible range unless you upgrade to long range. Probly close to 1200 with parts and labour. Installed several 'fortin' aftermarket starters on tacos. Worked good. Closer to 500bucks. Actually installed aftermarkets on some on 2016 tacoma as well. Push to start sucks how it shuts down engine when you open the door... hoping factory one will bipass this safety feature when available

If you live up north, a remote car starter is a God Send. I remember i put one on my Plumbing van in 1992,in St Louis. I would wake up,start the van, then get in a nice warmed up vehicle. Now i live in Miami/Ft Lauderdale- no need to have anymore.

Back