Carpro Hydro2 review, it kept my truck clean without washing

BlazingBlue2016

So I bought CarPro Hydro2 and used it on my 3rd gen. This stuff is crazy expensive, like $100 per litre, so when there was a %50 off sale I bought some and gave it a try. I used it on my truck (in the video) and did a before and after with an untreated hood (a Honda Civic). The stuff worked really well. In fact this last winter people were asking me why I was washing my truck so much in the winter and I wasn't washing it. The Hydro2 kept it clean. I shot a vid if anyone is interested.

I think it's bullshit because every time he sprays the camera takes another angle so he's got to be editing. If it's going to be believable it shouldn't be any cuts in between, it should be a complete video filming. JMO

I think it's bullshit because every time he sprays the camera takes another angle so he's got to be editing. If it's going to be believable it shouldn't be any cuts in between, it should be a complete video filming. JMO

Wow I didn't expect this response. If I did not edit my video it would be way too long, and people complain that its too long, and they just want to see the before and after. I had about 1.5hrs of footage that made this approx 6min video. I doubt you would want to sit through a 1.5hr video on a product you know nothing about. I edit so it shortens the video and gets right to the point. I was not paid to do this video, I'm not selling the product, and bought the product with my own money so I have no reason to "fix" anything. I'm sorry you feel that way. I just wanted to show what I found in case there are other people who are interested in new things.

I live in central Texas. Nothing lasts 6 months and I'll be darned if I'd pay $100 a litre for it.

Exactly sir, if you watched the video in whole you would see I said it lasts about a month on the hood, roof, and trunk, and the side last a few months. This video even at about 6min was too long for you while @Tape wanted the video to be longer. Also I paid 1/2 price, which really was not that bad as it lasts a long time because it is super concentrated. You dilute it.

Exactly sir, if you watched the video in whole you would see I said it lasts about a month on the hood, roof, and trunk, and the side last a few months. This video even at about 6min was too long for you while @Tape wanted the video to be longer. Also I paid 1/2 price, which really was not that bad as it lasts a long time because it is super concentrated. You dilute it.
I watched the whole video, and enjoyed it, I just wouldn't pay that kind of money for a protectant that only lasts a month or two.

Yes it is expensive, and I would never pay 100 for it. You could probably get about 20-30 vehicle applications out of it so the bottle will last for a while (couple of years). At 50 (what I paid) that would be between 1.50 to 2.50 per application. I wanted it for the UV protection from the sun. In the summer months here in the Toronto Area of Canada it gets really hot and my truck bakes in the sun. I was just surprised at how well the truck stayed clean in the winter with the stuff applied. I got some ceramic coat on sale, so that is suppose to be more permanent (1-2 years) so I'm going to try that on another vehicle and see how that holds up. I'm all about saving cash if I can, some stuff is snake oil out there, this stuff does work, its just pricey. Glad you enjoyed the video, I really do put a lot of effort into them and they are not sponsored, they are just my honest opinion of the product. Thanks

Wow I didn't expect this response. If I did not edit my video it would be way too long, and people complain that its too long, and they just want to see the before and after. I had about 1.5hrs of footage that made this approx 6min video. I doubt you would want to sit through a 1.5hr video on a product you know nothing about. I edit so it shortens the video and gets right to the point. I was not paid to do this video, I'm not selling the product, and bought the product with my own money so I have no reason to "fix" anything. I'm sorry you feel that way. I just wanted to show what I found in case there are other people who are interested in new things.
A lot of what you got on there is nonsense anyway, get to the point. Get a dirty car and spray it on there and then rinse it off without cutting out on video, that would be less than three minutes, that's half of what you got on there.

A lot of what you got on there is nonsense anyway, get to the point. Get a dirty car and spray it on there and then rinse it off without cutting out on video, that would be less than three minutes, that's half of what you got on there.

So this is coming from the guy who originally wanted no editing which would have resulted in a longer video? (look at your post #2) How would I have time to explain everything, you can't spray it on a dirty car as you posted, it has to be sprayed on a clean car or it won't work. I explained that (guess you didn't catch that part), then I have to explain you have to dilute it to a least the 1 to 6 ratio (If I did not do that someone is going to spray it on pure), how long the manufacturer claims it will last, the inconsistencies I found with the manufacturer, the price, then I have to apply it, wait 30 seconds, then rinse to show beading, as that is what detailers look at (hydrophobic properties). Also if I find the product is crap, I say so (I don't sell it)

These are all questions that will be asked, and I have learned that from making past videos. I try to answer all anticipated questions, that's why I was surprised with you complaining about a relatively short 6min vid. You have to remember, what suits you might not suit other people. Maybe you are the show me and leave me alone type which is fine, but others may want more. I try to appeal to the masses.

You are not asking these questions because you don't care and that's ok. This product is obviously not for you, but don't wreck it for everyone else by calling bullshit and accusing me of not being honest. You made your point clear from the beginning.

I don't mean any disrespect to you, but I believe you are the type of person that would have sprayed it on a dirty car, it would not have worked, and you would have been angry and called bullshit because you didn't follow the directions because you didn't pay attention.

It's ok to have different viewpoints, but let's be mature about it.

So this is coming from the guy who originally wanted no editing which would have resulted in a longer video? (look at your post #2) How would I have time to explain everything, you can't spray it on a dirty car as you posted, it has to be sprayed on a clean car or it won't work. I explained that (guess you didn't catch that part), then I have to explain you have to dilute it to a least the 1 to 6 ratio (If I did not do that someone is going to spray it on pure), how long the manufacturer claims it will last, the inconsistencies I found with the manufacturer, the price, then I have to apply it, wait 30 seconds, then rinse to show beading, as that is what detailers look at (hydrophobic properties). Also if I find the product is crap, I say so (I don't sell it)

These are all questions that will be asked, and I have learned that from making past videos. I try to answer all anticipated questions, that's why I was surprised with you complaining about a relatively short 6min vid. You have to remember, what suits you might not suit other people. Maybe you are the show me and leave me alone type which is fine, but others may want more. I try to appeal to the masses.

You are not asking these questions because you don't care and that's ok. This product is obviously not for you, but don't wreck it for everyone else by calling bullshit and accusing me of not being honest. You made your point clear from the beginning.

I don't mean any disrespect to you, but I believe you are the type of person that would have sprayed it on a dirty car, it would not have worked, and you would have been angry and called bullshit because you didn't follow the directions because you didn't pay attention.

It's ok to have different viewpoints, but let's be mature about it.
whatever dude, BTW I didn't read your reply above. Good luck with your product.

haha, its nothing fancy. just a fusion. but it likes to go fast. haha! gotten out of a few speeding tickets, and a few near misses with several elk before realizing i was just pressing my luck. its just my high mileage vehicle until i can get my truck.
I've been seriously thinking about getting a Fusion RS. That little thumper has 350 hp

Back