CB antena install

El Buki

Hey guys. What’s the best way to install the antenna chord so that’s it’s hidden? one of my antennas is magnetic and I have it on the passenger side of the hood but can’t find a way to get it inside the cab without the door closing on the chord. Any ideas? I didn’t find any holes on the side panel with rubber that go into the cab.

Run the wire between the cowl and under the hood near the windshield.

Somewhere on the firewall, you can probably find a grommet to feed under the dash or you could make a hole. You may need to search the firewall while under the truck. Or another path.....remove the glove box and select dashboard parts to search for a location. Access under the dash is a premium commodity.

CB? your joking right? Do they even use that stuff anymore? Last time I had one those was back in the 70's on my toyota wolverine. The ant. had a magnetic base on the trucks roof with the wire run past the side window. We use to monitor the traffic where the highway radar checks were being run while traveling between motocross events.

Run the wire between the cowl and under the hood near the windshield.

Somewhere on the firewall, you can probably find a grommet to feed under the dash or you could make a hole. You may need to search the firewall while under the truck. Or another path.....remove the glove box and select dashboard parts to search for a location. Access under the dash is a premium commodity.
Thanks man. I’m gonna look in the morning. I was thinking also just to move it to the roof and run it through the vent between the bed and back of the cab if the chord will reach.

CB? your joking right? Do they even use that stuff anymore? Last time I had one those was back in the 70's on my toyota wolverine. The ant. had a magnetic base on the trucks roof with the wire run past the side window. We use to monitor the traffic where the highway radar checks were being run while traveling between motocross events.
They still use them. I use it for traffic as well and just to talk in general. Very useful. The trucker drivers still use them. Mine is magnetic but I also have a skiphopper in the back.

Those silly days of guys adding linear's, and crazy call signs like the rubber duck. Gotta switch to side band.

Last edited:
Back