cd players as standard equipment in cars/trucks.

ah well some of us don't have that luxury :laughing: just kiddin'!!! but hey im old school !.. when i bought my truck it had to have a cd player but i might look into that US SPEC 15 thing

Yeah I'm older school as well, I have tons of music on cassette not so much on CD, don't feel like paying out the ying yang for the upgrade either. If I was to buy CD to replace all my tapes I'd go broke. Reason I wish I had a cassette player in my truck. I can record youtube from online and transfer to cassette easy enough, not so to CD.

Yeah I'm older school as well, I have tons of music on cassette not so much on CD, don't feel like paying out the ying yang for the upgrade either. If I was to buy CD to replace all my tapes I'd go broke. Reason I wish I had a cassette player in my truck. I can record youtube from online and transfer to cassette easy enough, not so to CD.

Could always convert it. They make a cassette to mp3/cd converter and its fairly cheap. Little time consuming im sure. I'll see if i can dig up a link when i get home this afternoon.

Could always convert it. They make a cassette to mp3/cd converter and its fairly cheap. Little time consuming im sure. I'll see if i can dig up a link when i get home this afternoon.

Yeah I can record cassette from my computer online to my home system cassette but I can't record from online to my cd burner on the computer....go figure. I don't have a cd burner on my home system. I can copy any track from a CD on my puter easy enough. That's how I burned the ones I have, but don't have a lot of original cd's. Original cassette to CD on computer doesn't give me enough record time to copy a full song. So I can't even burn the cassette's I do own onto my CD player on the computer. I go thru my computer to HDTV to the stereo to get the online to cassette. Wires everywhere but it works and sound good. Just have to make sure the youtube video doesn't stop & buffer. Figured out to let the video play almost all the way thru and then start it over to eliminate that issue.

Appreciate anything you can turn up.

had a look into something called a "SPEC PA15 - TOY" selling for over $100 that enables u to play your i pod thru your cd player for the 2nd generation Tacoma 2006-2008 models...geeezzz that's expensive for an interface and a couple of cords :censored:

I think as long as CD's are still in circulation, there will always be a CD player as standard in new vehicles. Im sure in the future they'll make bluetooth standard and CD players aftermarket.

I think as long as CD's are still in circulation, there will always be a CD player as standard in new vehicles. Im sure in the future they'll make bluetooth standard and CD players aftermarket.

I still know plenty of people that use CD's (my wifes car doesnt have an aux jack she uses a horrible radio tuner thing), im just not one of them. Why when i have a chunk of my cd collection on my phone that i carry everywhere anyway?

Paid 120 for my interface. Well worth it in my book. Grom Audio has a cheaper one but I don't know about quality.

can't justify spending $120 for such a small item :thumbdown: ..ah well that's just me i suppose.. if it were bein sold for between $50 and $80 i'd understand and would snap one up right away :)

I upgraded my stock radio (it wouldn't even play mp3's) for about $80. I got a Sony head unit from crutchfield that has usb and ipod controls. I haven't used cd's in it since I installed it.

It is kind of nice to have a few spare CD's stashed away just in case my Ipod ****s. If i really want to rock out, a CD can crank out cleaner and crisper sound than a digital file...most of the time.

Don't know about anybody else, but I like to blast some Tremonti to and from work.:thumbsup:

I don't remember the last time I bought a cd! I download my music from Amazon or google play!I'm so glad I have the usb and Bluetooth! It was definitely a huge selling point for me!I love how I can just say the name of the song and it starts playing! Not to bash Chevy, because I do like Chevy, but, my girlfriend has a new Equinox with Bluetooth and Usb, but she can't use voice commands to bring up the song from the usb like me! She has to manually select it! Guess Toyota got that part right! Now I can't live without it!:icon_cheesygrin:

Is that feature only on in your truck because it is a limited? Mine is a 13. SR5
I don't think I have that feature. That is too cool to be able to voice command a song

I remember when we had 8 track. When cassettes came out it was like heaven because they are so much smaller than 8 tracks

Havent used the CD player in my '13 since i got it. Always use the usb or the bluetooth. I dont miss caryying cds since they got stolen out of my vehicles 3 times over the years. I even unplug my ipod cable so the cockbites dont see anything when they peek. Move on to next vehicle.

I know how you feel. I hate having to hide all the cords just to keep the thieves out

Is that feature only on in your truck because it is a limited? Mine is a 13. SR5
I don't think I have that feature. That is too cool to be able to voice command a song

I'm not sure.I have the JBL with entune and navigation,not sure if it's only a "limited" thing.It works the same way it would if you voice command,just push the Bluetooth voice command button on the steering wheel, say destination, then say where you would like to go. Or say call, then say a # from your phonebook, for music just say "play" and either the artists name or song,or say both,artist's name followed by the song.

Last edited:
Back