CEL

Csilver3

I turned on my car and it started shaking a bit. Kinda like when you start running out of gas. Shortly after the check engine light went on. I turned it off then turned it back on and the CEL went away. Could it be a cold start? I haven’t moved my truck in about 3 days

Hahaha I just didn’t have to move it. But I turned it on again and drove off. Again it kinda starting shaking a bit. I’m starting to think it can be my catalytic converters? O2 sensors? Something in my exhaust system. I’ve parked it and won’t drive it till probably the next 2 hours or so. This is the first time it’s happened

Wow!!! It was the gas cap! I feel stupid now smh

That's exactly what happened to my 2000 TRD right after I bought it I took 3 week vacation & we were just 4 or 5 miles from making the climb to Flagstaff, Az (ele. 7300ft) from the desert floor & threw a lean code CEL came on & I pulled into an autozone IIRC , anyway it was the gas cap that threw code, probably the last thing I would've checked...cheap fix...

Do you live in a state where you have to pump your own gas or can you blame it on the gas attendant? Haha

Doesn’t Oregon have attendants at about all the gas stations? It’s all self service on the east coast. [emoji853]

Back