Change to sport always in 4 th gear

Right, but it doesn’t stay in the gear you selected. Even if you fairly gently accelerate, it’ll downshift. I mainly use it for going uphill. New Hampshire is very hilly. And an automatic tx shifting going uphill is hard on its parts. So I like to downshift before putting the load on the tx. Taco will downshift even then! And maybe upshift downshift again. Just stupid. The whole point of this kind of system is that I get to choose my gear.

Sorry for the rant.

I normally buy manuals. But the arthritis in my legs and feet makes a manual very painful, especially in traffic. And I drive 600mi or more a week.

Right, but it doesn’t stay in the gear you selected. Even if you fairly gently accelerate, it’ll downshift. I mainly use it for going uphill. New Hampshire is very hilly. And an automatic tx shifting going uphill is hard on its parts. So I like to downshift before putting the load on the tx. Taco will downshift even then! And maybe upshift downshift again. Just stupid. The whole point of this kind of system is that I get to choose my gear.

Sorry for the rant.

I normally buy manuals. But the arthritis in my legs and feet makes a manual very painful, especially in traffic. And I drive 600mi or more a week.

odd, I downshift based on rpm and load, it holds fine.
I probably have a lot more tq down lower tho, maybe this is a 3rd gen issue.

Right, but it doesn’t stay in the gear you selected. Even if you fairly gently accelerate, it’ll downshift. I mainly use it for going uphill. New Hampshire is very hilly. And an automatic tx shifting going uphill is hard on its parts. So I like to downshift before putting the load on the tx. Taco will downshift even then! And maybe upshift downshift again. Just stupid.
Ditto. I do mixed driving in the hill country here. Seems like the trans is schizophrenic/gear hunting as soon as I’m off straight and level.

Back