Chasing that vibration...

longshore

20170320_094322.jpg Okay got the suspension upgrade all done. Slight vibes from about 5mph to 20 or so. I did the bearing drop. I can almost live with it. Almost. I fear it will get worse over time. I do like the way it turned out tho!

Last edited:
There is a huge amount of info on this on the other forum. Some of the guys are having some success by tweaking the carrier bearing. If it stops raining tomorrow I'll get to it.

You mean the differential drop? I'm not expert, but I've heard that it all has to do with the angle driveshaft after a lift. They do sell those differential drop kits. What kind of lift kit did you get for this truck?

No I am talking about the carrier bearing for the driveshaft. I didn't do the diff drop I have a second gen. I got almost 3in. in front. Almost 2.75 in the back.

I installed Toytec/Bilistein coilovers along with Dakars (7 leaf) and 5100's in the back.

I've got just very minor vibes now after dropping the cb about 3/4in. Minor from 4-5 mph up to 9-10. All other gears smooth so I only get vibes when my pinion goes up from wrap. I can jump on it at 30 and no vibes. Took it up to 80 smooth as the road was. So I'm good till the driveline fairy drops a one peice on me...

Adding these drops could be the cause of the vibration. A diff drop is useless and a carrier bewring drop really isn't needed unless you want max rear lift. Axle shims may work better.

I've had a vibration since new and the lovely dealer blamed my Banks exhaust. These trucks just have horrible drivelines.

Well I put the bearing back to factory and I have about the same vibration just under7 or 8 mph. You were right Whippersnapper. Next adjustment I make will be to lower the pinion with two shims.

Back