Chevy Colorado, Nissan Frontier, Truck competition to make it better? just a bs threa

MGMTacoLover

So I actually kind of liked the first gen Colorado's I mean they looked decent but man the fact you could get a 5.3 vortex in it is sweet. Well I like my Tacoma but I wish there was more competition to make it better so

The 5.3 Colorado was a joke. It wasn't much faster than the I5 and towing capacity stayed the same. Also for the price you can get a Silverado. I have seen some lifted Colorados and they look good but that doesn't compensate for the bad interior. There is nothing inside that is good.

The Fronty is pretty good. What stopped me from buying one was the lack of aftermarket support. Also the extra power isn't put to good use because the Tacoma is faster. I do like the shiftable trans, bed rail system and more powerful sound system.

The Taco is a great truck no matter how you look at it. Well maybe except for payload handling.

It's actually the only generation Colorado! lol! I heard they might be changing the name of them, when they come back out.(possibly back to s10 and sonoma) I traded a 2008 Chevy Colorado extended cab for my Taco.I loved that truck, it had 75,000 miles on it, and never had any issues! It had the 5cylinder, and it was pretty quick! I just wanted something new (i get bored quick)I also wanted a small 4 door pickup with a long bed, so, it was either the Frontier or Taco, I chose the Taco for looks and legendary reliability, hopefully I won't be disappointed! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I chose my 13 Tacoma since it was the only midsized truck in production at the time and Nissan in my area had none of them so it was Tacoma or nothing

Picking a Tacoma is making a good future investment. They hold there value and quality. I'm on my 3rd Taco and the only reason I changed trucks is because my family is growing.

We all know Ram is no longer any competition with the dakota. Ford released word that they are phasing out the Ranger in the U.S., so now we have competition with the ecoboost F-150, which could be a dangerous competitor. But I still think the Tacoma will still be top dog in the compact pickup market.

The reason why I say the f-150 because the ecoboost is appealing to buyers for the fullsize power and compact feul economy.

I priced a Ford F150, equipped as close to the same way I have my Tacoma equipped, and the F150 was almost $50,000:w00t: When people say, you can buy a fullsize for that price, they must not want many options on the fullsize!!!!

Last edited:
Well the thing is that the Ecoboost gets great mileage...when you aren't on boost. When towing they suck down more fuel the the V8s because of the fuel required for boost. But the truck is just huge even if it gets better MPGs. Some people don't have room to park a full size or they want to wheel so a full size isn't for them.

I priced a Ford F150, equipped as close to the same way I have my Tacoma equipped, and the F150 was almost $50,000:w00t: When people say, you can buy a fullsize for that price, they must not want many options on the fullsize!!!!

Only way youre getting a fullsize for a taco price is stripped down, or a prev year leftover. My old man got a real nice sierra for 29k like that. Sticker was over. 40.

Isnt that the truth. That being said place i bought mine had a '12 leftover tundra, trd rock warrior package. Last one they wanted the sticker on my taco for it. 33k. It was nice but too much truck for what I do. Believe me i debated.

Near the end of 09 I tried for a Silverado before going with a Tacoma. 36K before taxes for a 09 Z71 4WD extended cab. They would not come down on the price either. I'm glad I didn't get it. Also I was close to purchasing an 07 Tundy TRD 4wd Access cab 5.7. The average MPG of 10 in the trip display is what turned me away. Also the payment was going to be the same as what my Taco ended up being.

I know, that's what I'm trying to say! People always say, you paid to much for that small truck, you could have gotten a fullsize! #1) I don't want or need a fullsize! #2) I would rather have a loaded midsize/small truck, then a stripped down fullsize!!! I Love my Tacoma, it's the perfect size, I actually wish it were a little smaller! Small trucks, you either love them or hate them, I love them, I could care less about a fullsize!:thumbsup:

Last year I just got rid of a 2000 Chevy Silverado, to get my Tacoma. The Silverado was great for hauling stuff, but it was a pain in the neck driving around town and parking. My Tacoma rides better, and it's loaded.

Full size trucks are good for work trucks and if you have the room for them I needed a small truck and the Tacoma was the best plus it is only a few mods away from being fully loaded

I know, that's what I'm trying to say! People always say, you paid to much for that small truck, you could have gotten a fullsize!

I was on a Ford forum before and it was a broken record with this. A crew cab FX4 150 is not 30K. It is 50K and up. That's not the same price.

But even if a full size got 30mpg I wouldn't jump ship. I'll get one if I need one which probably won't happen. Hell I don't even need a bed as it stands and I wish I sprung for the FJ or Runner.

The 5.3 Colorado had an awful torque management system so you could hardly even tell a difference between the 5.3 and the i5. I don't think there is any competition with the taco, I think it holds its own against full size trucks. And I have driven my granddads Ecoboost f150 and I have to say its fun to drive but I would take my taco any day. Btw my truck is headed into paint Monday so hopefully ill finally have it back the 24th, it's been almost 2 months :(

Back