Chipped paint

Like @Bogunn said get the OEM touch up paint. Use a toothpick, put some of the touch up paint in a small container like a bottle cap or open the top of the paint container and stick the toothpick in. (Don’t use the provided brush or paint tip on the touchup paint container.) Touch the toothpick into the paint then touch the spot with the paint tip toothpick and let the paint settle into the chip and dry. Less is more.

Like @Bogunn said get the OEM touch up paint. Use a toothpick, put some of the touch up paint in a small container like a bottle cap or open the top of the paint container and stick the toothpick in. (Don’t use the provided brush or paint tip on the touchup paint container.) Touch the toothpick into the paint then touch the spot with the paint tip toothpick and let the paint settle into the chip and dry. Less is more.
That's some solid advice right here!

Awesome man. Thank you !

Yes it is good advice. Using too much makes it as noticeable as the scratch was.

With regard to touch up paint, what would be recommended for chips to bare metal? In addition, what if said bare metal area has developed light rust? I spent years driving down a road that quarry trucks use and my front end/A-pillar/roof needs a few touch ups...

With regard to touch up paint, what would be recommended for chips to bare metal? In addition, what if said bare metal area has developed light rust? I spent years driving down a road that quarry trucks use and my front end/A-pillar/roof needs a few touch ups...

Same. OEM touchup paint should do the job.

Back