Coil Over Information

2012greentaco

So I've came across some Fox Shocks and curious about the fit onto my 2012 tacoma or if theres any way to possibly modify the upper shock mounts for them to fit. I've never seem the upper receiver on them before. Just trying to see if anyone out there has some knowledge of them being able to fit. Little bit of info on them is that they're 3 inch coil overs too so they're a little bit bigger than the 2.50 current ones they have 6 inches of travel 12 inch shocks. Post back and I can send the pictures.

So I've came across some Fox Shocks and curious about the fit onto my 2012 tacoma or if theres any way to possibly modify the upper shock mounts for them to fit. I've never seem the upper receiver on them before. Just trying to see if anyone out there has some knowledge of them being able to fit. Little bit of info on them is that they're 3 inch coil overs too so they're a little bit bigger than the 2.50 current ones they have 6 inches of travel 12 inch shocks. Post back and I can send the pictures.

they're too long for you to fit

different top plate means you're probably looking at the non-vehicle specific top mount, without the tacoma top plate, which means you're looking at non-OEM coilover offerings.

and 3" coilover? you mean Fox's 3.0 series? why are you looking at the 3.0? I run the 2.5's, and those are already massive

like this?
F54332288.jpg

but if they're 6" travel, theyre too long.

mid-travel extended stroke lengths are around 5.5", 6" would be way too long for a stock setup

Last edited:
Back